XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I had first short photo session with my Yamaha XSR ( AYA ). I am happy like a little kid because it is my first bike.
I am still waiting for license exam ( next Friday ), so I can only practice on empty parking lot and take some photos :)

Here is AYA...more photos and video soon.

I would like to make few more modifications and I have few questions if someone could help me out.

1. I will add windscreen for trips and longer rides. I have small sliver windscreen ( number plate ) that the previous owner bough..i need to install it.....will that reduce wind or i need to get bigger one ?

2. I would like to put rubber tank protection on the side to protect it from scratching and for more fit. Please Share a photo if you have it on your bike, or if you have a link where to buy it in EU.

3. Is 14 L fuel tank correct or i have a bad indicator? I had only 1 bar left on my tank so i went to petrol station. I filed the tank to the top ( I even straighten the bike so it was leveled ) and i only fill 6L...so i don't know how would 8 more liters fit inside. As soon as i started the bike one bar was gone :). I don't know if my indicator is wrong and how much can you go with one tank?

Thanks!

Kind regards from Croatia :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome Kanaye, the fuel tank is 14 L however, the light will come on with a "reserve" still in the tank so at that point when you refuel, what you thought was relatively empty may still have quite a bit of fuel left. That's part of the learning curve for a new bike and only with riding will you know exactly what the situation is. But, unless you like pushing a bike, I wouldn't let it go too far until you have a real good feeling how far you can make it on a tank of fuel. Use your trip meters. Windscreens are kind of a one size doesn't fit all subject. Depending on your height and your stance while riding, a taller or wider screen might not provide the best coverage or protection. It all depends on air flow and I have a dart (they make several for the XSR and it's respectable but not perfect for me and I'm 5'6". Look at comments on here about windscreens and maybe you'll get a better idea of what you want.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome Kanaye, the fuel tank is 14 L however, the light will come on with a "reserve" still in the tank so at that point when you refuel, what you thought was relatively empty may still have quite a bit of fuel left. That's part of the learning curve for a new bike and only with riding will you know exactly what the situation is. But, unless you like pushing a bike, I wouldn't let it go too far until you have a real good feeling how far you can make it on a tank of fuel. Use your trip meters. Windscreens are kind of a one size doesn't fit all subject. Depending on your height and your stance while riding, a taller or wider screen might not provide the best coverage or protection. It all depends on air flow and I have a dart (they make several for the XSR and it's respectable but not perfect for me and I'm 5'6". Look at comments on here about windscreens and maybe you'll get a better idea of what you want.
Welcome Kanaye, and great photos (and bike, of course). You'd be surprised how much a small screen can do. So many variables, though. I like riding a helmet with a peak, which doesn't help the wind noise. Some days mirror checks feel like a trip to the chiro (or whiplash, or both). Try and see what works for you. Enjoy.

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

Thank you so much for you time and all the advice. I have license test this week so i will try everything when i am done ( hope i will pass ).
I still can't drive normally on the roads ( just on parking and my street ) but i am happy to try everything and learn everything about AYA :))

Thank you!

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Kanaye, and great photos (and bike, of course). You'd be surprised how much a small screen can do. So many variables, though. I like riding a helmet with a peak, which doesn't help the wind noise. Some days mirror checks feel like a trip to the chiro (or whiplash, or both). Try and see what works for you. Enjoy.
Thanks so much. I will definitely look in to it! I will put a small screen that i got for a start, and then try it on open road....just to pass the exam this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone!

I had first short photo session with my Yamaha XSR ( AYA ). I am happy like a little kid because it is my first bike.
I am still waiting for license exam ( next Friday ), so I can only practice on empty parking lot and take some photos :)

Here is AYA...more photos and video soon.

View attachment 25117 View attachment 25118 View attachment 25119 View attachment 25120

I would like to make few more modifications and I have few questions if someone could help me out.

1. I will add windscreen for trips and longer rides. I have small sliver windscreen ( number plate ) that the previous owner bough..i need to install it.....will that reduce wind or i need to get bigger one ?

2. I would like to put rubber tank protection on the side to protect it from scratching and for more fit. Please Share a photo if you have it on your bike, or if you have a link where to buy it in EU.

3. Is 14 L fuel tank correct or i have a bad indicator? I had only 1 bar left on my tank so i went to petrol station. I filed the tank to the top ( I even straighten the bike so it was leveled ) and i only fill 6L...so i don't know how would 8 more liters fit inside. As soon as i started the bike one bar was gone :). I don't know if my indicator is wrong and how much can you go with one tank?

Thanks!

Kind regards from Croatia :)
Aya, Great pics!

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much! :)

I got my license few days ago and I am happy like a little kid. Went for a drive today to hill next to my home town. The road was slippery so was going very slow, plus i am just a beginner. Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts