• Folding or short hand levers
  • Folding foot controls
  • Suspension Upgrades
  • 19"/17" Spoked Wheels
  • Fork Gaiters
  • Horn upgrade
  • Comfort Seat
  • Extended Tank
If anyone has any advice or feedback on the future mod list please let me know!

Further Pics Incoming!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice!
Looking forward to follow this thread!

Spoked wheels sounds amazing i want that to.
Kineo looks dope!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the look of the Zard. How do you like it? And the sound?
I love it! Coupled with the D&A air filter it sounds amazing. I sprang for the EU4 baffles and they do an awesome job. It's certainly louder than the sewing machine whine of the stock system but it's quieter than the yoshis and 2 Bros the FZ-07s around me are sporting. I still wear earplugs for long distance but that's mostly for wind noise. Most importantly the LEOs are happy and leave me alone!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thank you for sharing your mods, Major!

Your set up with Hard exhaust and DNA stage 2 air filter, do you go for a remap of the ECU? Because I do not really get this US way of thinking, in which a remap is always foreseen. Is it due to the bad fuel quality, or is it because of the extreme differences in the regions, altitude, temperature, etc.?

For the spoked wheels, what is about the XT 1200 Z wheels? Or will you go for some custom made wheels? There was a guy from UK with a 19" front wheel conversion here in the forum, I think.

Thanks for sharing again and many happy miles with your XSR. Will you make the same mods to your Swiss bike?

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for sharing your mods, Major!

Your set up with Hard exhaust and DNA stage 2 air filter, do you go for a remap of the ECU? Because I do not really get this US way of thinking, in which a remap is always foreseen. Is it due to the bad fuel quality, or is it because of the extreme differences in the regions, altitude, temperature, etc.?

For the spoked wheels, what is about the XT 1200 Z wheels? Or will you go for some custom made wheels? There was a guy from UK with a 19" front wheel conversion here in the forum, I think.

Thanks for sharing again and many happy miles with your XSR. Will you make the same mods to your Swiss bike?

BR
hombacher
Hi Hombacher!
I am not going to do a fuel remap yet as i have the extended warranty and that will void it. The purpose of the remap is to adjust the fuel/air mixture which has been altered by a high-flow filter and different exhaust back-pressure. Coupled with the fact that the ECU is programmed for emissions and politics, not performance, the best performace is achieved by adjusting the fuel/air mixture according to power output as measured by the dyno. The O2 sensor will adjust The mixture to an extent but it has its limits. It would be more important if our bikes had carbeurators.

For spoked wheels i was going to either adapt an xt 1200z, or an scr950 wheel, but if i can get a custom wheel for a reasonable price i would do that. I am taking inspiration from the UK guy.

If/when i move back to europe i will remove my mods and install them on my swiss bike

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Installed tail tidy, tank pads, and center stand; pics incoming. In other news SW-Motech centerstand is compatible with Zard exhaust, and doesnt ruin the look of the bike

Mod List:

Current:
  • Yamaha Side Pannels
  • Yamaha EU Panniers and Rack
  • Yamaha Radiator Guard & Covers
  • Standard EU Seat
  • Yamaha EU Tank Pads
  • Evotech Headlight Guard
  • Evotech Tail-Tidy
  • Woodcraft Axle Sliders
  • Indicator Standoff Delete
  • Kellermann Bullet1000 Indicators/Running/Brake Lights
  • LED Headlight
  • D&A 2 stage Air Filter
  • Zard EU4 Exhaust
  • SW-Motech Centerstand
Yet to Install:
  • MT-07 fork covers
  • Woodcraft Stator/Waterpump cover
  • SW-Motech Crash Bars
  • 'Intake' Mesh
Future:
  • Bash Plate
  • Folding or short hand levers
  • Folding foot controls
  • Suspension Upgrades
  • 19"/17" Spoked Wheels
  • Fork Gaiters
  • Horn upgrade
  • Comfort Seat
  • Extended Tank
Still waiting on powdercoater to get back to me about engine protectors

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update pics of engine guards, centerstand, knee pads, and colored mesh

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Centerstand

Hi Major Tom,

I see that SW Motech have a center stand for the XSR900 but not for the 700, what kind did you put on? The MT-07?

Cheers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an SW Motech centre stand on my XSR700. It was listed for our model. Great bit of kit. Well designed, easy to fit & use.

·
Registered
320 Posts
chain lubing mainly. Also to change rear tyres, flats, anything else. They used to be standard on bikes and I think it's a crime that OEM have stopped
It's a crime to put that on nice bike like that! :wink2:
Why not use an racestand?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chain lubing mainly. Also to change rear tyres, flats, anything else. They used to be standard on bikes and I think it's a crime that OEM have stopped
It's a crime to put that on nice bike like that! /forum/images/XSR700Forums/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Why not use an racestand?
Lol, i think it looks pretty ok... for a centerstand. I live in an apartment and a toolbox is p-much all i have room for

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great looking bike Major Tom! You have me hooked on the center stand.
Question about the ECU tuning. How would the dealer know if the ECU has been flashed in the event there is an issue and you need to use the extended warranty?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts