XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It鈥檚 my understanding that all US spec bikes are manufactured in France. My bike clearly states it came from the mother country 馃嚡馃嚨

Anybody stateside, is your bike from Nippon or the lovely French countryside? 馃嚝馃嚪

Registered
Mine is made in Japan. I heard different I heard that the 2016 and 17 were made in Europe, and no bikes produced for US. The 2018 for US market was made in Japan. Japan's plant with slower to get started for production. I have a 2018 I can't speak for the 19 or the 20.

Super Moderator
.....and I put my moderator's hat on, thinking this was some dodgy thread about Japanese maidens!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Dan I鈥檓 now curious what sort of reputation (reliability-build wise) these French bikes will have 25 years from now.

Mine is made in Japan. I heard different I heard that the 2016 and 17 were made in Europe, and no bikes produced for US. The 2018 for US market was made in Japan. Japan's plant with slower to get started for production. I have a 2018 I can't speak for the 19 or the 20.

Registered
My bike is a 2018, it has a manufacture date of 2017 and it says "made in Japan". I'll take them for their word.

Super Moderator
Dan I鈥檓 now curious what sort of reputation (reliability-build wise) these French bikes will have 25 years from now.
I don't think they'll be any different to those built in Japan. The engines are built in Japan anyway, then bikes are assembled by MBK in France with QC from Yamaha. What's to worry about? My Honda car was built in the UK, my Honda CRF 250L was built in Thailand. So long as manufacturer quality control is solid, build location is irrelevant.

Registered
As Tigerjohn say, country may have reputation, but in the "hend" it's all about quality control from the firm.

Ofc mine is from France, well half.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts