XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an led headlight for my XSR700. So far the cheapest I could find are these and I like them because they remind me of the round BMW styled "angel eyes".

This costs €130 though and I don't really want to spend that much. But if I have to, it's the cheapest I could find, so I just might.

These are advertised for the xtribute model though. Will they fit my 2018 XSR700?
Also, do you know of any cheaper options?
Would you advise against the replacement of the whole headlight? Should I just buy a bulb? And which one?

I just need some general advise, since this is also a security concern. Light are important in the night :)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am looking to buy an led headlight for my XSR700. So far the cheapest I could find are these and I like them because they remind me of the round BMW styled "angel eyes".

This costs €130 though and I don't really want to spend that much. But if I have to, it's the cheapest I could find, so I just might.

These are advertised for the xtribute model though. Will they fit my 2018 XSR700?
Would you advise against the replacement of the whole headlight? Should I just buy a bulb? And which one?

I just need some general advise, since this is also a security concern. Light are important in the night :)

Thanks

Those look like generic Chinese units, which you can find versions of on Aliexpress for under $50.
A 5 3/4" version will generally fit the XSR700 headlight bucket (same as XTribute) but sometimes need a little sealing around the bezel.
Be aware though, while they can do the job, they are not great.

The first one I had (it came with the PBM 'Flashpoint' unit, which is just a very nice bezel housing cheap hardware) lasted just a week before the high beam stopped working.
The replacement is still working but I wouldn't bet that it will be a year from now.

If they would fit the PBM bezel, I would be replacing it with a 'proper' unit (all be it at a cost of at least $400), from VisionX or JW Speaker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm after this is not cheep Chinese crap

Spoiler, that's from Koso. Most of Koso's stuff is from Taiwan and china.

I like Koso's stuff though. Their quality control is very good. I really like their BBKs for Honda. I've installed and ridden several.

·
Registered
29 Posts
oops. repost

·
Registered
460 Posts
Personally I like the look of the common headlight. I'd love to put an old CB750F headlight shell and headlight on the bike if I knew I could fit the wiring and junk inside the shell. I think the bigger diameter and smaller shell length would look good. But that's my preference and opinion. Has anyone here done something like that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’d love to get the angel eyes headlight also, but could not find anything convincing. Have you made a decision?

I just need some general advise, since this is also a security concern. Light are important in the night /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really. My concern is the quality of the light, and how it affects oncoming traffic. If I remove the existing light and mount the new light 1 cm tilted upwards, I might be blinding drivers on the opposite lane. I need to figure out a way to mount the new headlight properly before proceeding with anything.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Headlights do have adjustment in them. Check it out, it's probably there below the headlight. I haven't looked yet, because I'm not really looking to change out headlights.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks
Have you got yourself a LED headlight in the meantime?
I am too interested in the one from LedPerf (Type 4 with the indicators integrated) but have the same concerns you had, especially if it will fit a non X-Tribute..

·
Registered
341 Posts
...it will not fit, it is a 7" headlight insert. So you have to go for the additional parts, offered on the website.

But, this company is offering headlights or other LEDs which are not approved for street use in EU. So it is a waste of time and money to think about it. Even if you would believe the promises and tiny symbols of useless approvals on this website, hey they offer a headlight with included indicators...

...no regulation here will allow a design like that.

Better search for a serious supplier, such as described here, as well 7" but already delivered with housing: Little text & product description 7" Reno 4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts