XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I installed a led headlight in my xsr700 one year before, some weeks ago the low beam start blinkering, and finally stopped working, i reviewed the headlight connections and all seems good.

someone know whats can be the problem? or what can i test to find from where come the problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can plug in the OEM bulb you replaced, to confirm the problem in either the led bulb or wiring harness.

There is a short headlight harness (about 12" long) that plugs into the bulb, then into the main harness - if you did other mods inside the headlight housing (like custom blinkers), it is a possibility that it was accidentally weakened/damaged.

Especially look at the individual wire "pins" in the headlight bulb connector - see if any of those pins have been partially pushed/pulled out of place, or damage to wires from heat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can plug in the OEM bulb you replaced, to confirm the problem in either the led bulb or wiring harness.

There is a short headlight harness (about 12" long) that plugs into the bulb, then into the main harness - if you did other mods inside the headlight housing (like custom blinkers), it is a possibility that it was accidentally weakened/damaged.

Especially look at the individual wire "pins" in the headlight bulb connector - see if any of those pins have been partially pushed/pulled out of place, or damage to wires from heat.
Thanks for answering,

I think the problem is in the bike side, because I tried with other bulb and the problem persists, the low beam didn't work... Maybe the female H4 pins or his wire is broken (is the only think I didn't test)

I'll test it on Monday, if I find the problem I'll pos it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, sorry for the late reply, finally i took the motorcycle to the garage, and he found that there is a sulfated wire that goes from the start button to the low beam.
Hand Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Hand Automotive tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

Finally i have a functional led headlight :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts