XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are those the ones from JVB ?
If yes, I got them and I love them too, If no, I still love them anyway :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, gaiters looks cool.
I do like your windscreen.except the looks are you happy with the wind protection.? Could you please also let me know the make

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's interesting how fork gaters (as we call them today) were pretty much the norm 50 or 60 years ago because the materials and seals used in the first hydraulic forks weren't really up to the task when left unprotected. Then in the 70's and 80's those materials and seals improved drastically and the need for extra protection became unnecessary so they were simply deleted and the new cleaner/sleeker look took over. Now, some forty years later they seem to be coming back, not out of need, but just to be different and in fact, in some cases, they can encapsulate moisture, doing the opposite of what they were originally intended to do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, gaiters looks cool.
I do like your windscreen.except the looks are you happy with the wind protection.? Could you please also let me know the make
It keeps the wind fully off my torso, which is exactly what I was hoping for. As a result it does move slightly more air to the helmet. But I have absolutely no buffeting at all. I'm 6'(182cm).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's interesting how fork gaters (as we call them today) were pretty much the norm 50 or 60 years ago because the materials and seals used in the first hydraulic forks weren't really up to the task when left unprotected. Then in the 70's and 80's those materials and seals improved drastically and the need for extra protection became unnecessary so they were simply deleted and the new cleaner/sleeker look took over. Now, some forty years later they seem to be coming back, not out of need, but just to be different and in fact, in some cases, they can encapsulate moisture, doing the opposite of what they were originally intended to do.
The forks got a good coating of ACF-50 before the gaiters went on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts