XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had my eye on the XSR since it was announced. I have always liked the look of the classic bikes and I wanted a bike like that. After I tried my friends MT-07 last year I felt that the MT-07 was the best bike I had ever ridden. Then the XSR was announced, and it had the same engine and frame as the MT-07. I could get the best from both worlds!
I am super happy with my XSR700. I have attached a picture from last Sunday when I took the bike out for a spin.

Not done much customization yet. I have the radiator guard which I painted black and the black radiator side covers. This week I will install the new xsr chrome exhaust from akropovic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Welcome aboard
My mate has the MT-07 and like you, i prefer the classic/Retro look... so like you say 'the best of both worlds'

Great picture too, i take it that's a ski jump in the back drop?...where about do you reside??
Paul

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

The picture is my bike in front of the Vikersund ski jumping hill in Norway. The hill with the current world record of 251.5 meters.
I live just outside Oslo in Norway.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums ! Now excuse my lack of knowledge of Norway but... I've seen a couple amazing roads to ride on down there, are you close to those or have you ever been ??

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Wow....!!!! Those roads look amazing, i would love to ride down those....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't driven Trollstigen, but that is definitely a place I want to go some day. I think Trollstigen is around 7-8 hours of driving from where I live so it's not too bad.
The Atlantic road is a great ride. I rode there a couple of years ago on a borrowed bike with my cousin who lives quite close. It is something to go up on a bridge and look down at the sea to then suddenly almost ride level with the sea. I was fortunate enough to go on a nice summer day, much like the picture, the sea was nice and calm and not much wind. I'm attaching a picture from that trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I haven't driven Trollstigen, but that is definitely a place I want to go some day. I think Trollstigen is around 7-8 hours of driving from where I live so it's not too bad.
The Atlantic road is a great ride. I rode there a couple of years ago on a borrowed bike with my cousin who lives quite close. It is something to go up on a bridge and look down at the sea to then suddenly almost ride level with the sea. I was fortunate enough to go on a nice summer day, much like the picture, the sea was nice and calm and not much wind. I'm attaching a picture from that trip.
Gosh darn it, that's absolutely breathtaking. Definitely an experience it seems ! But if Trollstigen is 7-8 hours, that's not too bad at all. Hope you take tons of pictures if/when you end up going !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts