XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there fellow xsr 700 owners!!
I'm a quite long time member of this forum and, even if Im not really active, I still read a lot here and follow most of the discussions made by other members.
Today I decided it was my time to open a fresh (I think this is a thing that has never been spoken about, and if there already is a thread about this specifica argument, I'm sorry I couldnt find it) and particular thread about this:

Where do you guys put a 2nd helmet when riding alone, and where do you put it when your bike is parked and you just walk away?

Ofc I know many of you did install a really nice set of bags/boxes on your bikes, so you guys are pretty dome with this theme :)
The real question comes from me, an xsr owner who doesnt really want to install any kind of bag or box on his bike, to others xsr owners who feel the same as I do or who just dont agree with me but want to help!
Thanks in advance for any answer/advice, have a nice and road-trippy summer :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Kranith

I am on the same boat as you, since I prefer not to have luggage boxes on the bike. I do however appreciate the practicality.
This "luggage net" could be an option. It is easy to store away when not in use.

I am looking forward to hearing other cool ideas/inventions to deal with this "problem".
Hood Automotive lighting Sports gear Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
280 Posts
Give your riding partner their own helmet. If you desire a helmet on hand for random passengers, that does present more of a problem. Perhaps a transit pass so they can meet you at the pub you're heading to? ;)

There really is no ideal way to carry a second helmet. They sell backpacks specifically for this, cargo nets and helmet strap/nets too. Better still, date people that ride their own bikes. Problem solved!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a pair of RokStraps (Suggested on here) which are always attached, and I leave tucked under the seat so they're always ready!

Great for boxes, bags and helmets.. ..even manage to get my tool box strapped on for short journeys.. ..though I'm always worried it'll fall off and I'll have screws all over the place!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the answers guys!
Yeah I also have a rok straps (that's honestly another producer, but its an equal product) hidden under my saddle and I use it from time to time, that's really strong and it really holds pretty everything, but I also think that's a bit long to set up from time to time :p
I've seen someone around (with others bikes, tho) riding around with the second helmet dangling from his undersaddle, on the side of the bike. I asked him about that, and he told me he just swapped a normal screw with a really big headed screw and he just hooks the 2nd helmet's lace to that big headed screw, then puts his saddle back on and rides like that... Do you think this would be doable on our bikes? I'm a bit worried about having the second helmet under my knee while riding 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts