XSR 700 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I've had my xsr700 a year now and a Black Widow exhaust on it just under that time

I wanted something relatively loud for traffic but couldn't warrant paying for the Akra etc! I went for the stubby stainless with carbon tip. I've removed the passenger pegs so wanted an 'underslung' can. It sounds very 'meaty' and even louder with the baffle out. Long trips require earplugs.... ! Pops, crackles and bangs (especially on downshifts). Lucky I have bike friendly neighbors...

I think I paid just under £300 for the whole system. And the customer service is excellent - the original can fixing bracket was a bit ugly, but they recently redesigned it for a more concealed unit and sent me the revised one free

There's other makes for sale around the same price but I'm keeping the Black Widow
How was your installation for it, any air leaks from the midpipe links? Have you had to replace the packing yet, and how often do you have to do that?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Installation took me approx 3hrs, but I'm a noob with tools so took my time.! It would have been easier to completely remove the rad

I used some seal where the joint is - i suspect i didn't do a perfect job but i cant feel any pressure with my hand when its ticking over

Ive had no issue with the system whatsoever and never had to do any packing

I expect that some riders may want to have the bike remapped once a system is fitted - the manufacturer states this isnt required tho, and i much prefer the engine braking and downshift characteristics if this system!

The only thing i didnt like was the logo sticker on the can, but this was easily removed

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been in love with the SC-Project original conic since it came out, didn't love the volume or the reported engine failures and warranty refusals on the mt-07s that had it. Not a big fan of their eu4 model. But guys...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got Blackwidow headers on with a gp can so can attest to great noises,quality and no need for an ecu map. Also had stuff from sp and their stuff is great! Think I’d upgrade to an underslung can since taking off pillion pegs it ruins the lines for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man!!

Nice looking list, and excellent idea!!
I've seen that the TOCE exhaust looks and sounds pretty good!!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts