XSR 700 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just bought a used SC Project conic exhaust this week end, however I want to paint it black before fitting it, I'll let you know how it sound.

Seller (bike shop) told me it was really loud, which I'm little afraid of, but this exhaust is EU-certified and the baffle cannot be removede so I guess it should be OK.
Is there any adjustment needed as far as the motor works, or is it "plug n play"?
I would also like to know if you notice any change in the way the motorcycle's motor works.
Thank you for your info!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,
i know there is a lot of exhaust to choose from. I personally had SC Project which was was really nice, but too loud for me.

SC Project was the only exhaust i found to be not disruptive to the overall bike looks. Its silver matte, minimalistic and didnt look like its not part of the bike.
Somehow i dont like the huge endings in different colors, although its usually reasonably priced.

Perhaps MT07 Akrapovic exhaust is one more to try. Can anyone confirm it easily fits XSR700 please?
Any mods neccessary? Catalyst, or else?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
327 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Its a shame i think that the oem exhaust is sooooo flat as i honestly think its the best looking exhaust for the bike out their.....apart from perhaps the akro scrambler....i like stubby exhausts and i feel it really fits the bike astheticaly

·
Registered
400 Posts
Its a shame i think that the oem exhaust is sooooo flat as i honestly think its the best looking exhaust for the bike out their.....apart from perhaps the akro scrambler....i like stubby exhausts and i feel it really fits the bike astheticaly
I'm the same way with any system I have on my bikes, always aiming for a cleaner look and Yamaha hit it on the nail right here. Only thing I would do in the future is look for a system with a similar design but in black, or some darker tone.

Said it before and will say it again, some people might have a hard time thinking its a Yamaha from a distance :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Id agree astheticaly the sc projects exhaust is a very good match with our retro modern legend of a bike along with the mivv ghibli.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Out of interest is their a uk suplier of the sc project exhaust and do u need the air fuel modifier module they offer? Can only find a european and american site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
black widow seems common too and supposedly sound good?

i'm pondering one as my bike is a commuter i like people to know i'm there..

i'm not allowed to post a link to it yet :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi

I've had my xsr700 a year now and a Black Widow exhaust on it just under that time

I wanted something relatively loud for traffic but couldn't warrant paying for the Akra etc! I went for the stubby stainless with carbon tip. I've removed the passenger pegs so wanted an 'underslung' can. It sounds very 'meaty' and even louder with the baffle out. Long trips require earplugs.... ! Pops, crackles and bangs (especially on downshifts). Lucky I have bike friendly neighbors...

I think I paid just under £300 for the whole system. And the customer service is excellent - the original can fixing bracket was a bit ugly, but they recently redesigned it for a more concealed unit and sent me the revised one free

There's other makes for sale around the same price but I'm keeping the Black Widow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the review GuySal, you've convinced me. Had some weapon nearly take me out last week deciding to switch from stationary traffic to my (moving) lane so loud is good :angry:

·
Registered
145 Posts
No problem - enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It arrived today.. looks nice

Will fit at the weekend after my running in service haha

Just spotted you aint far away bud, I'm in Nottm just down the road.

Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone got one of the GP-Gun by Arrow exhausts? They're on ebay just now for about £420. Looks good and if actually made by arrow should be well made. You just never know with ebay, could be a terrible knock off!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts