XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ABS and electrical issues

has anyone experienced the flashing ABS light when stopped?
this happened to me yesterday and then today my lights stopped working. bike still turns on and runs.
the turn signals work when indicating to turn (both ways), but my running lights don't turn on nor does my brake light turn on.
i was thinking a blown fuse?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
294 Posts
has anyone experienced the flashing ABS light when stopped?
this happened to me yesterday and then today my lights stopped working. bike still turns on and runs.
the turn signals work when indicating to turn (both ways), but my running lights don't turn on nor does my brake light turn on.
i was thinking a blown fuse?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
This probably won't help you as it didn't affect my lights but I'll add for other owners searching this issue.

I have briefly had a flashing ABS light on 2 occasions - each lasting for no more than 30-60 seconds.

It was checked out both times at the Yamaha service centre (the 2nd time an hour after the problem occured) including Yamaha diagnostics and the chief mechanic taking the bike out on an extended test ride, with hard braking.

Both times told they could find no problem at all so I'm still stumped as to what it could be (I've seen forum posts about failing MT07/XSR700 ABS pumps but they said "nope" to this).

Will keep an eye on it and and give the ABS sensors a clean and wiring a check but I'm not convinced that it's nothing, as after around a year or ownership I begun to hear the front ABS pump priming when setting off and also when going over pot holes or kerbs etc. which I don't recall hearing when the bike was newer.
(I'd be interested to hear if other owners are also hearing their ABS pumps, when not braking.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This probably won't help you as it didn't affect my lights but I'll add for other owners searching this issue.

I have briefly had a flashing ABS light on 2 occasions - each lasting for no more than 30-60 seconds.

It was checked out both times at the Yamaha service centre (the 2nd time an hour after the problem occured) including Yamaha diagnostics and the chief mechanic taking the bike out on an extended test ride, with hard braking.

Both times told they could find no problem at all so I'm still stumped as to what it could be (I've seen forum posts about failing MT07/XSR700 ABS pumps but they said "nope" to this).

Will keep an eye on it and and give the ABS sensors a clean and wiring a check but I'm not convinced that it's nothing, as after around a year or ownership I begun to hear the front ABS pump priming when setting off and also when going over pot holes or kerbs etc. which I don't recall hearing when the bike was newer.
(I'd be interested to hear if other owners are also hearing their ABS pumps, when not braking.)

thanks for the info!

Ive felt my front end rattle when i come to a slow rolling stop from time to time. not sure if thats the ABS kicking in or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you checked your fuses? I would start there. I had something similar happen after installing after market signals. Fuse melted due to a short. Once I corrected the short and replaced the fuse everything worked normally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts