XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently installed the Leo Vince Evo Euro 5 Exhaust on my 2021 XSR700. I read a lot online including this Forum and have to say I am very happy with this pipe. It wasn't cheap but honestly it sounds great. I left the baffle in and it's still loud enough.I tossed up over the black carbon fibre but so glad I chose the Stainless. I ride this bike every day on my commute and love the sound now.

I purchase the pipe directly from Leo Vince and they were really great to deal with. Shipping from Bulgaria to Australia was super quick.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
38 Posts
I have the same pipe, but in black, and I'm super happy with it - Deep, throaty, growling, the sound is great, like you say, even with the dB-killer in. It really fits the styling of the bike too. Congrats man!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seriously tempted. My ideal exhaust is the carbon Akropovic, but prices are ridiculous (£900). I can get the carbon version of the LV for £595.
Seems to have the same design idea - instead of the pigtail the collector/manifold is an s box. Longer pipes gives better low down torque, I believe?
Would love a sound clip if either of you are able - all sound clips I've heard from other LV exhausts sound very loud. I'm curious how the 2 db killers (one fixed in collector and one removable in pipe) make this one sound. I'm after a little bit more sound but want a bassier tone.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
38 Posts
Seriously tempted. My ideal exhaust is the carbon Akropovic, but prices are ridiculous (£900). I can get the carbon version of the LV for £595.
Seems to have the same design idea - instead of the pigtail the collector/manifold is an s box. Longer pipes gives better low down torque, I believe?
Would love a sound clip if either of you are able - all sound clips I've heard from other LV exhausts sound very loud. I'm curious how the 2 db killers (one fixed in collector and one removable in pipe) make this one sound. I'm after a little bit more sound but want a bassier tone.
I made a video when I put my exhaust on and I have a sound comparison at the end.

My experience with it is pretty much what you're looking for - It's not quite as sharp as some of the recordings I've heard from Akropovic exhausts, but there's plenty of character. It's a bassier sound than stock, it growls a lot more... and my bike likes to burp a bit when engine braking... it was barely noticeable on the stock exhaust, but this exhaust really highlights it and it sounds -so- good.
The volume, to me, strikes a good middle ground. It's loud enough to be fun, and you're clearly audible if, say, you're passing traffic in a tunnel... but at the same time, you're not so loud that you wake the neighbors, or attract the cops or anything like that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. However the 21/22 system is a different construction to the earlier version. There's an elongated mid pipe with a welded in db killer, so the exhaust is going to sound different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts