XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
And I'd venture a guess that it's not the bolt leaking, it's the o-ring right behind it. It's possible that it had a manufacturing defect. I would think you could just remove the plug, replace the o-ring, reinstall the plug, and call it a day. Of course make sure you tighten that bolt to spec. I don't have a manual in front of me to tell you what that spec is but if I get time I can look that up this weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

There isn't an o ring under the bolt, its not a normal hex bolt, I took it out yesterday and its got a shaft about 70mm long with a thread at the end, I should have taken a picture...it was covered in oil.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,There isn't an o ring under the bolt, its not a normal hex bolt, I took it out yesterday and its got a shaft about 70mm long with a thread at the end, I should have taken a picture...it was covered in oil.
I wonder if the bit you have fitted is to do with the manufacture of the engine, and should be replaced with a plug and o-ring?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.