XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LCD DIsplay failed out of the warranty period. The backlight comes on but nothing else is displayed. The neutral, ABS and other lights around the perimeter do work.

I had the circuit board looked over and tested and everything turned out fine, leading me to believed its a faulty display itself.

Does anyone know if its possible to source JUST the LCD display itself, and not the whole gauge? Yamaha wants 1000$ CAD in my area unfortunately

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
This UK ebay vendor offers a repair service (link to US ebay site):
Yamaha XSR700/900 replacement LCD speedo clock dash cluster REPAIR SERVICE | eBay The price is about $420 Canadian and some of his ads say free international shipping. Might be worth sending an email.

How about a different dash?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This UK ebay vendor offers a repair service (link to US ebay site):
Yamaha XSR700/900 replacement LCD speedo clock dash cluster REPAIR SERVICE | eBay The price is about $420 Canadian and some of his ads say free international shipping. Might be worth sending an email.

How about a different dash?

Interested in that Dash- has anyone had experience with one on their XSR? Is there any programming to be done to get the bike mileage onto it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The original gauge is made by CTE Tech which is a Taiwanese company. I have a link to the manufacturers page showing the gauge but the forum system won't allow it to be shown (possible spam, maybe) (Edit: link now approved! yes, it was picked up by the spam filter!)

CTE list it as a CTE021 on their website, no prices though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
brandonc188 so did mine, i took it to my Yamaha servicecenter and they asked Yamaha. They choose to take it on good-will ´cos its a known issue so im getting it replaced for free the 29th this month. Note that my bike has really low milage and that might have made a difference. I´d try to get it on good-will if i were you. In Sweden they wanted 8200 sek (aprox 760 usd) for the display alone plus the cost for having it swaped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Th
is UK ebay vendor offers a repair service (link to US ebay site):
Yamaha XSR700/900 replacement LCD speedo clock dash cluster REPAIR SERVICE | eBay The price is about $420 Canadian and some of his ads say free international shipping. Might be worth sending an email

Have the same problem with my gauge, just sent away today for repair, will update when it comes back. Bike is 2018 and has 5960 miles, went to local dealers (where I bought the bike new) they were no help, didn't want to know as warranty has run out,
Was told by the engineer that the LCD display can be replaced and that they have replaced quite a few of them on these bikes, hopefully I'll get it back soon and I will let you know what engineer says

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered the KOSO RX-4 yesterday because of the labour day 15% off sale. Unfortunately every Yamaha dealer around me doesn't want to play ball on replacing the OEM gauge for anything less than ~1100$ and I don't want to risk the replacement having the same issue.

Ill let you all know how the KOSO works, it seems to be a decent upgrade from OEM as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts