XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Bought my XSR in France and have brought it to the UK. I now wish to change the speedometer reading km to miles but following the manual ( whilst on odo or Trip... Hold down bottom button for three seconds) doesn't work.
When I first switch on, the display briefly shows both km and miles so somehow it must display either.
Any ideas.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same issue (but backwards!) when I rode through Normandy a couple of months back!

(In the end I gave up, and just rode around doing maths in my head..)

As for ideas, I guess I'd probably phone the nearest Yam dealer; they should change the setting for free if you pop over!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you tried holding the top one? I done this the other day by accident and switched it km. I'll do it again tomorrow and let you know how I done it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I'd take it into a dealer. I have changed from miles to km and it definitely worked as per the manual.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
It should work - try it again until it does! I seem to manage to switch mine from miles to km every time I try to reset the trip odometer to zero after refueling. It gets very frustrating!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

I opened a new discussion about the same thing a few days ago. Nobbie did you sort something?

it seems that only motorbikes sold in the UK can change units.

thanks

Jorge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts