XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Interesting that one person's preference is an upgrade... My upgrade was to adjust the stock mirrors for the best rear view. Never liked bar ends and besides I'd probably hit them on something and break them. 馃檮

Just sayin' upgrade a rather sweeping term. 馃槒

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting that one person's preference is an upgrade... My upgrade was to adjust the stock mirrors for the best rear view. Never liked bar ends and besides I'd probably hit them on something and break them. 馃檮

To each his own.

Registered
I have similar bar ends, but i find the stock clutch lever hits into the one. What levers do you have on the bike?

Registered

xsr7az great stuff doing mods and getting it on video doing tutorials. Bar end mirrors I would also call a mod and not an upgrade. But definitely an upgrade for looks. I watched a RevZilla review once where they said "all this needs now is cnc bar end mirrors cause you can't see out of the stock and it's all set", like c'mon man, you are always going to lose continuous sight lines with mirrors all the way out on the bar ends.

When the stock xsr700 mirrors are adjusted well the right mirror sees everything out the back and right, and the left mirror covers that left passing or be passed stuff. I'm getting 80% out the right mirror and 20% out the left, seeing everything without having to move my head or strain peripheral. If you are relocating the speedo so you don't have to divert your attention to see your speed or gear but switch to bar end mirrors from the stock, I think we can say you have made one thing safer and another less so. Each is own true. If bar end mirrors gave me the same line of sight as the OEM I would swap that day, I do think bar end mirrors look better. They do not work as well. Just don't.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
xsr7az great stuff doing mods and getting it on video doing tutorials. Bar end mirrors I would also call a mod and not an upgrade. But definitely an upgrade for looks. I watched a RevZilla review once where they said "all this needs now is cnc bar end mirrors cause you can't see out of the stock and it's all set", like c'mon man, you are always going to lose continuous sight lines with mirrors all the way out on the bar ends.

When the stock xsr700 mirrors are adjusted well the right mirror sees everything out the back and right, and the left mirror covers that left passing or be passed stuff. I'm getting 80% out the right mirror and 20% out the left, seeing everything without having to move my head or strain peripheral. If you are relocating the speedo so you don't have to divert your attention to see your speed or gear but switch to bar end mirrors from the stock, I think we can say you have made one thing safer and another less so. Each is own true. If bar end mirrors gave me the same line of sight as the OEM I would swap that day, I do think bar end mirrors look better. They do not work as well. Just don't.
@dan1 That's fair. Post title updated. Appreciate your diplomacy. :) For me, I couldnt see crap in the stock mirrors. The bar ends are much better for me. Brogue speedo relo was a massive help too.

Registered
To each his own.
I see you altered the title. I appreciate it. That was really the thing, just seemed a tad like those who did not do the item were somehow running an inferior set up. Now I could go along with a suspension or engine alteration being an upgrade for sure!

Thank you for the courtesy.

By the way, is that a Street Rod in the garage or the Street 750? If a Street Rod, how did it compare to the XSR? The Street Rod could have been interesting, but I went with the XSR, looking to go street tracker layout.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
I see you altered the title. I appreciate it. That was really the thing, just seemed a tad like those who did not do the item were somehow running an inferior set up. Now I could go along with a suspension or engine alteration being an upgrade for sure!

Thank you for the courtesy.

By the way, is that a Street Rod in the garage or the Street 750? If a Street Rod, how did it compare to the XSR? The Street Rod could have been interesting, but I went with the XSR, looking to go street tracker layout.
For sure brother, no sweat. It's a Street Rod 750. It's my 2 up bike for when I take the wife out. I like it. Better for long rides than the XSR, but definitely not as nimble and performant as the XSR. I threw a V&H FP3 tuner on it because stock, it lacks the low end power. Now it's a really fun bike to ride. You can actually lean it over pretty far. Farther than any other Sport Touring Harley that's for sure. I will say it takes a few weeks of riding to get used to the foot control position (mids). You feel kinda awkward at first but then you barely think about it after a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts