XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Part 1 of a 3 part series I'm doing. Purchased the Razor R rear shock and the Ohlins FSK 108 Fork kit. I will post the Ohlins install vid tomorrow and then a ride review video on Monday Nov 23rd. Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade. This is arguably the best and most noticeable mod I've done to date. Wish I would have started with this. Enjoy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Gotta say I'm glad this is started. I have an Ohlins shock to install and am looking at fork kits. I've been on the FZ-07/MT-07 forum asking questions there.

I don't want to spend the money for a full on adjustable cartridge system, but am willing to do the emulator style. Right now I've been asking about the Race Tech Gold Valve, the Traxxion AR-25 Axxion Rod Damper kit, and the Matris Fork Cartridge Kit for Yamaha FZ-07 and XSR700.

The Matris kit can be had on ebay for around $325, the Traxxion kit is around $400, and the Gold Valve runs around the same if you buy the valve and the springs. Right now the Traxxion kit sounds the best, but I'm still digging for information.

This thread may help here, maybe even make it a sticky so it doesn't ge buried.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is arguably the best and most noticeable mod I've done to date. Wish I would have started with this
Yep, you start with the stuff that needs "sorted out", the British way to say "sucks". Before the pipe, the tail tidy, the lights, fix what's fundamentally flawed. And on this bike, it's the suspension front & rear, ECU flash over that sick lean factory map, and that rear axle nut that can unexpectedly sieze.YMMV

You can flash the ECU with map for the pipe you plan to buy, just pull the snorkel on the airbox and run the enriched pipe map with your stock exhaust for the short term, it helps tremendously. Or if you never plan to get a pipe, 2wdw has a flash for that setup

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the video. I have my eyes on that shot for some time. Look forward for the other 2.
Do you need to raise the bike to replace the rear shock?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unweight the rear so the shock can be removed and the new one installed. I figure tie the front down on the platform, then use a small hydraulic jack to unweight the rear and do the install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unweight the rear so the shock can be removed and the new one installed. I figure tie the front down on the platform, then use a small hydraulic jack to unweight the rear and do the install.
Thanks. Appreciated.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the video. I have my eyes on that shot for some time. Look forward for the other 2.
Do you need to raise the bike to replace the rear shock?
I used a $60 bike lift i got on amazon. Just need to get the swing arm up just a bit off the ground.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, you start with the stuff that needs "sorted out", the British way to say "sucks". Before the pipe, the tail tidy, the lights, fix what's fundamentally flawed. And on this bike, it's the suspension front & rear, ECU flash over that sick lean factory map, and that rear axle nut that can unexpectedly sieze.YMMV

You can flash the ECU with map for the pipe you plan to buy, just pull the snorkel on the airbox and run the enriched pipe map with your stock exhaust for the short term, it helps tremendously. Or if you never plan to get a pipe, 2wdw has a flash for that setup
100%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts