XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the season is over here, I would like to share my experience with the K-tech shock I installed back in June.

Covered 9000 kms on the stock and 6500 kms on the K-tech. The bike never felt planted on the stock regardless of what preload setting I was using. Most of the roads are far from perfect here and hitting a pothole or bump when cornering really unsettled the rear, and lack of damping made it pump.

The K-tech was ordered to weight and riding style specs and I can say this was the best way to spend money on the bike. After setting the sag and the damping the bike is transformed. So much more stability, makes me really confident.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
So as the season is over here, I would like to share my experience with the K-tech shock I installed back in June.

Covered 9000 kms on the stock and 6500 kms on the K-tech. The bike never felt planted on the stock regardless of what preload setting I was using. Most of the roads are far from perfect here and hitting a pothole or bump when cornering really unsettled the rear, and lack of damping made it pump.

The K-tech was ordered to weight and riding style specs and I can say this was the best way to spend money on the bike. After setting the sag and the damping the bike is transformed. So much more stability, makes me really confident.
The man wears an Oris; he knows quality. How dies it compare to the Ohlins? Price?/ Ride?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The man wears an Oris; he knows quality. How dies it compare to the Ohlins? Price?/ Ride?
Price was 170 Euro more for the Öhlins. Unlike the Öhlins the K-tech is adjustable for lenght which is great, as you can play with swingarm angle and modify the rake for a more aggressive riding style.

As for the ride: Only tried the MT07 with the Öhlins at my dealer, felt pretty much the same but it was only 20-25 kms test run. Lots of feedback on the fz07.org forum about both and even club racers there like the K-tech pretty much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts