XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how these accessories are mounted? Do you need to remove the front wheel, or disassemble the front fork?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are from JvB, I cannot post the link because it seems I do not have enough posts :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's really not as hard as it might seem. Mine didn't take too long, and I've only had the front forks apart on a motorcycle once before to put new seals in. Biggest hurdle in my mind is how to securely support the front of the bike. I used an overhead lift with lift straps on the handlebars to get it just barely off the ground, worked great. You could easily do the same if you have access to overhead joists and a couple of pullies... But there are plenty of other ways to creatively and safely get the front end off the ground.

Having said that, if you aren't prepared to retorque all the bolts to spec, use loctite where necessary, etc. then a shop should be able to do this with ease! In my opinion, you don't want to mess around with suspension and braking components on a bike if you don't have the tools or knowledge to do it by the book. Cars are a different story, four wheels, cage around you, etc.

I like the look of those gaiters more than the Yamaha gaiters.

Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my dealer install JVB gaiters. Was only 30min and saved me a lot of in-home garage confusion haha. Also had them slide on these FZ07 upper fork covers to black out the front. Suggest looking into them as well: Yamaha Motorcycle 2016 OEM Parts Diagram for Steering | Partzilla.com
parts 20, 22, 23 & 24 in the diagram.
Bit of a long shot given when this was posted, but did you need to order x2 of all the parts?
It automatically adds x2 quantity for 23 & 24 being the rivets and o-rings but just one for the Upper Cover 1 & 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts