XSR 700 Forums banner

Ixil Hyperlow fitted

18K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  CrazyLou 
#1 ·
Finally made a decision! I think it sounds great, surprisingly loud with the baffles in. £520 so by no means cheap but not eye watering either. Fitting wasn't difficult as such but was made much easier by having an extra pair of hands. The Lambda sensor was a bit of a pain I recommend following the lead back and unclipping it if you can. I'm very glad I went for the stubbier style rather than having to refit the rear hangers or come up with a hanger just for the exhaust, that's just my personal preference though. Video below https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=S3p6RlZiejFvZTg4S05PS25HNEF3TTlySEwwSVd3 'scuse the finger!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah that logo is pretty large isn't it. I thought the same about removing it, it's riveted on so some quick work with a grinder to remove it. I assume it's just the black coating underneath... I guess there might also be some adhesive underneath. I'll take a closer look.

#15 ·
Yamaboy is right.
I live in residential area, next to kindergarten and SC Project was simply too loud for me, so i sold it here to forum member.

- just what i have bookmarked: http://www.xsr700forums.com/forum/633-exhaust-discussion/1833-new-exhaust.html
If you google SC project, or simply search this forum, you will find more posts about it.

(this is rather personal opinion, i'm sure many people like the exhaust)

Cheers

#16 ·
I fitted the hyperlow over the weekend, and I'm much happier with the bike.

I took it out for an hour without the baffles, and two40's video doesn't do justice to how loud it is! (I'm sure that's Youtube compression, rather than two40's skills!) The pops and crackles when decelerating are insane. In fact it was too loud for me and the baffles went back in, and it now sounds like it ought to have done out of the factory.

I had a couple of issues with the installation, I though I'd leave some comments about. Firstly, the slip on part wouldn't go over the headers without pulling open the leaves on the slip-on, they may have been pinched together a bit in transit? This isn't an issue, since any paint that was damaged is covered by the ring that clamps over the 2 pieces. Secondly, the adapter for the hanger was missing a nut. The bolt was supplied, but no bolt, but I found the nut holding on the reflectors on the front fork worked perfectly. And finally, the baffles are screwed in with a security torx screw on the back of the exhaust close to the swingarm. This makes it hard to take them out after the exhaust is installed. I switched these out for a pair of M8 bolts before I installed the exhaust, so I can just use a spanner from the top or bottom.

#17 ·
The pops and crackles when decelerating are insane. In fact it was too loud for me and the baffles went back in, and it now sounds like it ought to have done out of the factory.
Hey - I fitted the exhaust around a month ago and absolutely love it. Only thing nagging me (as you mention) is the decel pop. I bought the new exhaust to make the bike look and sound better, but I feel like a right tit when it bangs loudly on decel - too old now for learey sounding pipes and much prefer the sound of a smooth grumble! Have you thought about having the ECU re-mapped to help with this? I don't know if the decel popping is actually doing any damage to the bike either ?!

#20 · (Edited)
If you install more open exhaust without getting mixture adjustments (with Power Commander or...)it may happen that the air/fuel mixture exits cylinder too fast and part of the mixture is igniting inside the exhaust and popping there. In that case you may have also less power. If the mixture is far too lean, it can get your exhaust valve burn. The good news are that the ecu of XSR700 is trying to get mixture richer thru the data from lamda even with more open exhaust. Mixtures in most new bikes are lean because of tight emission regulations even with original exhaust with cat!
Uti

#22 · (Edited)
good value exhaust

I fitted it during the summer and Iam very happy with the deep sound as well as hight revs roar. It sound loud enough even with DB killer (not sure what they would say in Austria because the measurements on my mobile revealed more than 90 dB at 3500revs). But it is Euro 4 certified which is also engraved on the exhaust.

It is great that you can remove Db killers individually so modulate the noise if you prefer more noise. See the video I made with DB killers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DzElp2UtS6EtUzNa0-uqe71_q2stfTD9/view?usp=sharing.

The only thing that bothers me is the horrible alloy IXIL red decal. Might try to get it down (theres no adhesive just 2 rivets which can be drilled away - just afraid that if this is done the other side of the rivet stays inside and creates noises). Has anyone had experience with removing the decal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.