XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long name for an exhaust. They couldn't make up their mind so threw in all sorts of words at it.

Quality is decent for the price. It is much cheaper than the Akro exhausts and sounds just fine to me. Fit was good except for the headers... just a tad too narrow but managed to go in.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds good mate, sounds pretty much the same as my Akra without the baffles. Looks good as well!

·
Registered
216 Posts
What a beast!!!! Looks the muts nuts and sounds even better........thunking now....scorpion serkat red or one of these bad boys.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey two40,

Really like the look and sound of this exhaust. Currently torn between this, the Mivv Ghibli and SC Project system!!

Only thing that bugs me is the IXIL logo on the side. Does it look like the sort of thing that could be removed, or is it riveted on solid?

Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only thing that bugs me is the IXIL logo on the side. Does it look like the sort of thing that could be removed, or is it riveted on solid?
It bugs me as well and I did think of removing it but I wanted to get the exhaust on to hear it first. Once I got it on, I couldn't be bothered taking it off!

It's just a couple of small rivets holding it on. The plate will come off easy once the rivets are drilled/grinded off. You might need to then plug the holes with black rivets and possibly touch up some scratches left by the plate.

I might get around to it one day but for now it doesn't bother me all that much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It bugs me as well and I did think of removing it but I wanted to get the exhaust on to hear it first. Once I got it on, I couldn't be bothered taking it off!

It's just a couple of small rivets holding it on. The plate will come off easy once the rivets are drilled/grinded off. You might need to then plug the holes with black rivets and possibly touch up some scratches left by the plate.

I might get around to it one day but for now it doesn't bother me all that much.
Hi two40,

So I got the exhaust over the weekend and fitted it. Bloody **** it sounds good!! And looks to business too. Got that really nice low grumble, nice and loud but not so much that I feel it pisses off the neighbours in the morning. Really pleased with the purchase! Even tried without the db killers - still kind of socially acceptable when idling, although blipping the throttle is probably a bit much ha!

Anyway, as you say, now the exhaust is on, the label has become a bit of a non-issue now! Maybe when the smile wears off my face slightly I'll think about taking it off, but for now I just can't be arsed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts