XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have XSR700 35KW(A2). Can I unlock it by different way than replace electronic control unit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wouldnt fitting a power commander work to change the map of the bike?
It should be electronicaly restricted only....but some manufacturers lock their maps
Im not sure on motorbikes but i know this to be true on cars as i had my vw mapped.

You may need a different ecu for upgrade but i should imagine it would just be mapped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. It is just an electronic limitation. You just let it reprogram to unthrottle the bike. But you must do this at an authorized yamaha dealer since your registration must be modified accordingly. Otherwise you get into trouble in case of any accident or insurance claim.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That would be great if Australian restricted bikes weren't also 655 instead of 689. So it can only be a custom map.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would bet with a good mapper who has knowledge of the bike a significant improvement of power could be gained with this bike. But id wait untill your warranty ends before you play with the mapping and like i say the map may even be locked?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Dado,

You should watch this movie. This should help you to unlock the bike. This YouTuber has FZ07 but it is the same engine so the same procedure should work for XSR700.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you guys for your answering.
Replace throttle plate, pop in DNA hi flow filter, modify filter inlet to allow more flow, dremel out stacks and then get it re-tuned. Search YouTube for "derestrict mt-07". There's plenty of info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts