XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title says, I am quite interested in having MT07's Akropovic exhaust (one which Yamaha offers) on my XSR700. I prefer MT07's exhaust because;
1. Hidden factor
2. I like the exhaust's note (with or without baffel)

I am not sure if the same level of sound is achievable with the exhausts available for XSR700.

Cheers
Saurabh

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi. You will find pictures and vidéos of mt's Akra on Xsr. They are pretty much the same machine. If you're still not sure you could also ask your dealer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes you can, mt07 and xsr700 share the same engine. You might need to touch a little bit the fuel/air ratio thou.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I picked mine up from the dealers after service there was an MT in with the low level Akron on it, he was having the baffle removed, it sounded great but probably a bit too loud to get away with. They fit the xsr.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I picked mine up from the dealers after service there was an MT in with the low level Akron on it, he was having the baffle removed, it sounded great but probably a bit too loud to get away with. They fit the xsr.
Cheers mate, I am thinking of simply going for the xsr's twin akra as I am finding the low level a tad bit loud for me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts