XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've changed oil maybe six times and twice I've slightly overfilled the site glass.

I said to myself this am " not this time", then promptly overfilled again. Never much, just enough to trigger the "I don't like this". Doesn't have to be perfect, but it does need to be correct.

Maybe I'm just burning off that last little bit of bad karma as an old man. I think there is only a little karma left, because none of this upsets me. I laugh at myself, then have a little fun removing drain plug/swapping in new compression washer/screwing back in with one hand while plugging the synthetic dinosaur's revenge with the other hand finger thingy.

On to the grips to see if I can glue my throttle wide open... Then I thought I might permanently mark my blue point heat gun with my fingerprints to prevent theft.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Lol I’ve been running into this recently as well - overfilling things.
Over filled oil on my truck.
Over filled oil on my R6.
Over filled ATF fluid on my gfs’s sons subaru.
Each time I have a “I’m not going to over fill it” thought and then top it off just a little too much. Hell. Wtf is wrong with me. I think the common denominator was that each time it was late, I was tired, and wasn’t fully in the mood to do any of it and just a little careless. Been a rough month, been down. Thing will get better.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oh yeah, done that; also on my new MT-03! I use a fork oil level tool to dip into sump and remove the oil until it is correct.
It works great, and you can use it when you change to good fork oil.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
use a fork oil level tool
Jackson Sir, you make too much sense.

Good thing you jumped in here with a post, I was considering Ritalin :)

I actually like the laughs I get out of the two handed monkey wash with 10w-40, and it keeps my hands & face from wrinkles in old age

1 - 5 of 5 Posts