XSR 700 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
i used yamaha adaptor..
Hey Dimmes
Sorry to be dense ... bought these adapters but can't see how they work in the stock bracket ?!
You wouldn't mind posting a few close ups of the front and rear assembly ?
I'd also be interested to know where you tucked away all the excess cable - there seems to quite a bit of slack between the bulb and little power conditioner unit.
Cheers !

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hoi!

My decision was made for Kellermann Atto indicators. They have a kind of classic shape, but are really micro. They are E marked and having a look into the indicators is absolutely not recommended.

BR
hombacher

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow, they're really discreet. What sort of cost are they?

..the costy sort. Have a look on their product page:

https://www.kellermann-online.com/en/products/atto/

It is about 60 EUR per indicator. Coming with a M5 thread only, you will need adaptors also, which have to be charged additionally.
Or maybe some hand crafted bracket to install them below the clutch and brake lever, similar to the JvB solution, but different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow I had to take a second glance before I even noticed them on your bike. Are they really as bright as that website advertises them to be?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hoi!

My decision was made for Kellermann Atto indicators. They have a kind of classic shape, but are really micro. They are E marked and having a look into the indicators is absolutely not recommended.

BR
hombacher
Hey ! That front headlight arrangement looks awesome ! I'm currently looking to replace my stock one - what headlight and fork clamps are you using ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow I had to take a second glance before I even noticed them on your bike. Are they really as bright as that website advertises them to be?
Hoi,

I'm not sure if this picture gives a good impression of the brightness, but even with the mobile phone camera, you can see the indicator on distance.
And as said, looking into the indicators will flash your eyes like a welding flash, it is highly not recommended. I think it is visible enough while commuting in daily traffic.

BR
hombacher

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey ! That front headlight arrangement looks awesome ! I'm currently looking to replace my stock one - what headlight and fork clamps are you using ?

Hoi,

I updated my list of modifications >>klick<<, so we can drag away the headlight discussion from the indicators thread.

There you find the requested information, I hope,

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried wiring them up without the resistors in place? If so do they work? If they are working off the bike I'm leaning towards the resistors having too much of a resistance?

When I replaced my indicators to LED and what I would recommend, I swapped out the flasher relay. It cost a total of $6 AUD and has worked flawlessly. Just jump on Ebay and do a quick search for one. :wink2:
What flasher relay did you use? I'm guessing there is a specific type you need and I haven't got a clue when it comes to electrics.

·
Registered
178 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts