XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which model XSR they have? Not sure why my insurance is giving me three different type of yamaha XSR’s? (48) (75) and anniversary. Threw me reading it. Now I’m confused as to which my bike is. It’s 2016, green. Why over complicate things.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you are from the U.S. there shouldn't be any difference except color. If your are from a country that has different models with lower H.P. ratings then I could understand.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would say look at your registration to see if there's anything indicating what you have. I would venture to say if the UK has tiered licensing the 48 would be an indication of the lower power LAMS bike, the 75 the higher power, and the anniversary was a special edition based on paint and maybe some equipment differences. Purely a guess on my part.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Yep, the 48 refers to the restricted version (48bhp), 75 is the std full power version (75bhp). The anniversary edition could be either 48 or 75 bhp and is only different in terms of paint finish - you'll know if you have the anniversary paint finish? Check your V5 for bhp - again, I'm guessing you'll know if you have the restricted engine? Most likely you have the 75 std version.

The 48bhp version should be a fair bit cheaper to insure than the 75bhp std bike, so insurers will rightly ask.The anniversary model shouldn't affect the premium at all, unless insurers are just fishing for an excuse to load the cost.....'ooh, special edition, very expensive to repair blah blah blah...'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts