XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

So had a few drinks with my buddies and on the cab ride home ended up ordering a Booster Plug; because why not.

Plugged it in today. Fairly simple install, that only needed to remove the right-side panel as well as taking the right smaller side cover protecting the ECU.

Simple plug and ziplock into place and it was there.

Weather is about 18 celsius, but as I turned on the bike, it showed -2. Did a quick ride around to test out everything out.

First thing in noted that the engine breaking does not feel like a kick, was still there but much softer. Additionally, twisting the gas with the acceleration was a bit smother while at the same time felt more aggressive.

I'm flying off to Gamescom for the week, so won't have time to do more testing, will do some proper riding once i get home.

But so far I'm quite happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Everyone

So had a few drinks with my buddies and on the cab ride home ended up ordering a Booster Plug; because why not.

Plugged it in today. Fairly simple install, that only needed to remove the right-side panel as well as taking the right smaller side cover protecting the ECU.

Weather is about 18 celsius, but as I turned on the bike, it showed -2. Did a quick ride around to test out everything out.

First thing in noted that the engine breaking does not feel like a kick, was still there but much softer. Additionally, twisting the gas with the acceleration was a bit smother while at the same time felt more aggressive.

I'm flying off to Gamescom for the week, so won't have time to do more testing, will do some proper riding once i get home.

Hi,
how is the booster plug working for you?

Regards
/Ni78ck

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Everyone

Hi how satisfied are you with the purchase ? I am thinking about getting it as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
So how do you like the BP after few months? What changes other than those you mentioned did yo experience?

What about the popping on Deceleration?

Some users on BP page mentioned that after few months the benefits of BP dissipated as the ECU "learned" how to go around the BP. is it the case with XSR as well?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well he never reported back, good or bad did he? I am fitting mine this week so I'll try and keep records. Be interesting to see if it affects my Fuel Consumption (around 63mpg on my mostly motorway commute, 300 miles a week) and cuts the backfire from my Black Widow exhaust and allows me to loft the front wheel off the throttle in 1st. Pardon the pun, but stay tuned!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just fitted mine yesterday, but because of local storms was not able to get it out to see how it impacted performance. I am hoping it tames the mild popping I have when rolling off the throttle with a LeoVince exhaust. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Put mine on and also put a USB charger off the plug near the rectifier (switched on/off in ignition turning on/off) so I can use my phone for satnav. Booster plug as an easy install but that 8-screw dance with the tank covers is a bit of a pain when re-assembling. Hopefully it'll decrease the backfiring I get on decel from my Black Widow exhaust, and help off the line without impacting on consumption too much. I have the next four days commuting to see if it helps any.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well, first ride (only 30 miles) with BP fitted and have to say....doesn't feel much different at all. Perhaps a little smoother, no real difference to power/launch off the line, and still pops/bangs on upshift but a bit less on deceleration. I'm very wary of the placebo effect so perhaps I am being over-critical. At least no bad side effects so as long as the fuel consumption doesn't suffer I'll leave it on. Ambient temp this morning was 14 degrees celsius, bike showed -3 (mins three) lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ride home confirmed initial ride - no real detectable difference at all unfortunately. Will report again on Friday but not looking good so far.

Funnily enough, clutchless upshifts feel better/easier, and engine braking is much less aggressive - both un-looked for but noticeable.

·
Registered
288 Posts
See my post on the main site - but for me I would spend the money elsewhere or put it towards a proper ECU flash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts