XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a specific XSR700 video to confirm this, but I think I found the auxiliary connector. There's not very good visibility down there though and I get the impression that the supposedly "dummy" connector on the other side, is connected somewhere.

One of the videos for the FZ-07 says that the connector is taped into the bundle, so this might be the reason I get the impression that the dummy connector is connected somewhere.

Can anyone confirm if this is the auxiliary connector?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like it, that's where mine was on my 2019 XSR.
I used it to connect my 2 x 5V/2A USB charger.

You can even use the dummy plug to make your own adapter if you can salvage pins for your wires (only the plastic connector and rubber seal are present).

EDIT: There's even a thread on this forum with photos, just search for "Auxiliary dc connector"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also stuff on youtube

I noticed there are a couple of YouTube clips on this - might be useful for folks trying to locate the aux plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it is. Looks like this when unplugged. My Yamaha dealer had a spare male connector in his drawer. I use it for my Tomtom.
Unfortunately, my Yamaha dealer couldn’t find the part on his system and wanted to sell me the whole harness...couldn’t understand that the harness was already there, with a blanking plug.
Local auto electric wholesalers don’t stock it, as it’s a Yamaha proprietary plug.
I finally found one, on line in England, so awaiting delivery....

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Thank you, this was helpful! got my USB now connected to this DC port

1 - 6 of 6 Posts