XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sat nav as been on my last 3 bikes and I do find it a indispensable bit of kit.
After spotting a post from a forum member I just copied what he had done.
With videos on you tube and help from forum members I was able to find the accessory socket hidden behind the rectifier to supply switched live power and a simple ram ball from eBay plus one hour in garage job done.
Hardly visible behind fly screen but perfectly placed when riding.... total cost a tenner!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee that looks 98% the same as mine.
Perfect placement my bike came with a genuine Yamaha fly screen and this makes nav invisible to all but the rider.
Thanks for posting pictures as this is something I really struggle with.
Any Midlands based riders who wish to see installation I'm happy to help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wonder what size bolts you used ? Just about to get xsr700 and need to do as you did.Is the bracket the ball screws into stock ? Or did you make it - thanks Shacks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got my 18 plate love it !!! Did you drill out the bracket coz I have a round Yamaha decal on it where your ram ball goes in no hole except under the silver bracket if so what size drill was it if you can recall ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have removed the cover plate with the Yamaha logo. The hole in the bracket should have a diameter of 6.5mm, as far as I remember...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts