XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I stopped by a friend’s house to pick up a couple of nice vintage throw pillows for the little lady. I had my backpack and figured I could toss em in there without difficulty. But my pack wasn’t voluminous enough so I improvised/MacGuyvered it and sat on one of the pillows, as there was nothing else to do.

At 6’1” I found the temporary taller seating position much to my liking, and the ergonomics now resembled my a Hypermotard. I’ve since considered getting a seat gel pad, not for comfort but for that throwback feel of those dirtbikes I grew up riding.

Being the tightwad I am, I’ve, for now opted for the beach-towel-and-bungee-cord option. The dough I’m saving means I can buy more cheap beer. Cheers!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Although a bit ghetto I have this 3D mesh pad on my bike for summer riding, which incidentally puts me a bit higher on the seat.

I am also 6'1" and indeed sitting higher is more comfortable on longer rider. I am now considering getting a bigger mesh pad and customize it to fit nicely over the seat a bit like a fitter car seat cover, with Lycra on the sides. I will probably slip some memory foam underneath for comfort and height boost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts