XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to know how much you guys use your bikes.

So i got my XSR700 new in May and i've done just over 2k now, usually use it two or three times in the week to commute to work which is only a 34 mile round trip.
And weekends, weather dependant i get out for a good 60/100 mile blast when i can.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bought mine in January, approx 6700 km. No trips with more than 300 km. I use it whenever not rainy and my girlfriend doesn't nag me about it :D

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked mine up on the first Tuesday in May, just over 2k miles on it somehow, still loving it.
I picked mine up 3 days after you then, i'm surprised how the miles have racked up....although i go out on it even if it's just for a blast for 20mins, i'm slightly addicted and it still puts a silly grin on my face everytime:grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought it in April and have driven it for 5000 km. Like it a lot even though the suspension is a bit soft. Impressed about its fuel economy, I always go under 0,4 litres/10km, normally bettween 0,3-0,35 per 10 km. But I do not drive it aggressively, normally I cruise around at 80-100 kmph.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Bought it in April and have driven it for 5000 km. Like it a lot even though the suspension is a bit soft. Impressed about its fuel economy, I always go under 0,4 litres/10km, normally bettween 0,3-0,35 per 10 km. But I do not drive it aggressively, normally I cruise around at 80-100 kmph.
Did you notice a difference in gas mileage after a certain point with miles you put on or has it remained the same for the most part? Always curious to know about these fluctuations

·
Registered
199 Posts
After my first 4 days/250 miles commuting (mix of London traffic and motorway, 60 mile round trip) my dash says I'm getting 64 mpg, pleased with that. I have to fill up after two days (120 miles) but it only takes £8.50 or so.

My 2018 I bought used with only 766 miles on it, over 1100 now and using for commuting at 300 miles a week that is going to go up pretty rapidly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bikes 2 1/2 years old and I’ve done 55000kms.
love it. It’s still tight, crisp and responsive.
reg serviced at each interval and she’s good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My bike have about 26k from its from 2016, prefect bike for my taste, only have change tires last year, and normal thing oil and oil filter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
5500 miles in 7 weeks. I kinda like this new ride, can you tell? I walked away from motoworld in 2005 for 15 years, now I'm back with the same enthusiasm for the XSR that I had on Christmas morning when I was 11 and my dad gave me a pipe frame Brigs & Stratton 5 hp minibike.he built himself. Good times then, good times now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts