XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So, one of the first and most important mods Im planning for my XSR700 is the removal of all the "extra plastic" genearated for the license plate holder section. Im looking for something that keeps the bike "street legal" so to speak, meaning I wouldnt mount the license plate under the seat (cant do that here in Argentina).

So far the one I liked the most is the Evotech Tail Tidy (se picture attached)

But then my other concerns are:

1. Which indicators would be a nice match with it
2. Which tail light would be a good option to replace the stock one, which I find too big and bulky

So maybe we could create a threat where all of us would post a picture on our rear ends and specify brand and model of the new different parts.

Cheers!
Mato

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Evotech is probably the best tail tidy, regarding the rear light I prefer "function over style" rather than "style over function".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Rizoma fox fender. Although i really like it, i think it's ridiculously expensive . I got it used for a steal. The indicators i added to them are from a company called Devil Eyes.
I like that one as well, looks nice!

EVOTECH Tail Tidy & M-BLAZE PIN indicators
I havent's came across those indicators, I really like them and being Motogadget they doesnt seem to be "so" overpriced. They fit in the stock position? Is this a plug and play installation?

Evotech is probably the best tail tidy, regarding the rear light I prefer "function over style" rather than "style over function".
I agree here, Im looking into some options like the Vintech Tailight which is still big enough and less bulky, but a little bit on the expensive side though...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I havent's came across those indicators, I really like them and being Motogadget they doesnt seem to be "so" overpriced. They fit in the stock position? Is this a plug and play installation?
They're not plug and play. For stock position you will need adapter plates. I cut the plugs off and soldered the original plugs on.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're not plug and play. For stock position you will need adapter plates. I cut the plugs off and soldered the original plugs on.
Ok, good to know. Im not sure on what do you mean by: "I cut the plugs off and soldered the original plugs on."

Where did you place them? For the stock position with the adapters should be fine?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
The adapters are required for mechanical fastening.

For the electrical connection I cut off the plug connection of the original turn signals and soldered it to the M-Blaze.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adapters are required for mechanical fastening.

For the electrical connection I cut off the plug connection of the original turn signals and soldered it to the M-Blaze.
Great thanks!

I can see you didnt go for stock position, was it a complicated install?

Matias

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

So, one of the first and most important mods Im planning for my XSR700 is the removal of all the "extra plastic" genearated for the license plate holder section. Im looking for something that keeps the bike "street legal" so to speak, meaning I wouldnt mount the license plate under the seat (cant do that here in Argentina).

2. Which tail light would be a good option to replace the stock one, which I find too big and bulky

So maybe we could create a threat where all of us would post a picture on our rear ends and specify brand and model of the new different parts.

Cheers!
Mato

Hey there!

At first I was thinking to buy Evotech, but then I changed my mind because of the indicators, couldn't find what I like! So I got the tail tidy wit LED strip with indicators, stop and number plate holder (all in one). This comes from New Rage Cycles. I'm pretty happy with it! It is little bit expensive for what it is, but, looks very neat. Let me know what you think :)

And yes, I know my number plate looks ugly, trying to get a personalised ones, but can't figure out the name...

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,

Cheers!
Mato

Hey there!

At first I was thinking to buy Evotech, but then I changed my mind because of the indicators, couldn't find what I like! So I got the tail tidy wit LED strip with indicators, stop and number plate holder (all in one). This comes from New Rage Cycles. I'm pretty happy with it! It is little bit expensive for what it is, but, looks very neat. Let me know what you think /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

And yes, I know my number plate looks ugly, trying to get a personalised ones, but can't figure out the name...
Looks very nice! I looked into that one as well but finally went for the evotech since I didn't want to remove the rear fender, ill post pics once installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve also thought about evotech tailtidy, but then I have chosen NRC fender eliminator kit. It looks way more better than the other ones.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Since the accessories tail tidies are too expensive, the original fender is practically not for sale and I like to tinker, I have constructed my tail tidy myself

IMG_20200525_201427_1.jpg IMG_20200525_204957.jpg IMG_20200611_135042 (1).jpg IMG_20200611_135028 (1).jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts