XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought if anyone interested. Photo is installed HJR products Bar end mirrors. £40 ish. I installed one with the supplied expanding aluminium sleeve which tightens onto the inside of the thread in stock bars. And I just felt uncomfortable at the idea. So I questioned a few of you fabulous people, and installed them directly ontop of stock bar ends with one thin shim supplied. Feel much happier, doesnt foul the throttle or damage inner threads. Cant say yet if they vibrate. If they do they might be a bad idea. Rizoma next step. But just thought it worth a mention in the forrum as its something Id looked for. My cap nut finishers for the stock mounts were £8 ebay. Pic showing mount ontop of stock bar end weight. Hope its of use to someone as technically inept as me.
Love all round Drakey

·
Registered
636 Posts
Glad to see you were able to make them work for you. I was looking for similar mirrors a while back but wasn't sure if they'd fit the stock bar ends. Like you, I didn't care for the idea of an expanding mechanism in the threaded bar end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this is a really old thread I’m reviving, but I wanted to say thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for to see if someone else had done it this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, they are perfect. Im the kinda guy that couldnt deal with vibrating rear view image. They dont move. They look cool to me. Easy on the neck. I find they encourage you to look. No bad thing. Love em. Hope this helps. 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed mine the exact same way. Good thing I only had a thick piece of rubber, not easy to get them on but they are very tight now. It doesn't look like they're going anywhere but if they do, I'll just superglue them onto the weights :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed mine the exact same way. Good thing I only had a thick piece of rubber, not easy to get them on but they are very tight now. It doesn't look like they're going anywhere but if they do, I'll just superglue them onto the weights :)
Hey Josken,

Are these the ones? Installed on the current bar ends so no need of the "plug in" ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are these the ones? Installed on the current bar ends so no need of the "plug in" ?
Not the same, but it doesn't matter, it will work the same way (like with most bar-end mirrors). No adapter, original weights. You just slide them over with some piece of rubber(ish) thing as described in the first post. Works fine. Did a couple of trips and they haven't moved a bit, also zero vibration!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts