XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! That's a mint bike. How come you're on your second one already?

The new 2023 legacy also comes with the speedblocks. Cool to see Yamaha reviving this style.
Put simply I made a big mistake. Used to have a very low mileage, mint condition green one with lots of extras. I was lured by a flashy advert and traded it for something else which turned out to be a big disappointment.
Lesson learnt...

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
We've all done it! I sold my trusty V Strom 650 after I was seduced by an Africa Twin (CRF 1000L). Ended up buying another V Strom two years later. Over the years I've sold several bikes, which, with hindsight, I wish I'd kept.....my 1971 Bonneville 650 (worth a fortune today!), my XL700 Transalp, my BMW R850R. I even used to dream I was riding the Bonneville in the weeks after I sold it - woke up feeling miserable! But, at least you've put things right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great looking bike....swap those Phantom tyres for some Michelin Road 5s when they wear out (or sooner if you can afford it)!
I intend to! They're ok if its warm and dry but I do seem to get a bit of understeer when pushing on a bit.

Not totally sure if I want full road tyres or something a bit more aggressive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree on the colour Mence, although I was impressed with the xtribute in the flesh. Interesting to see where you are going with your mods. I'm not a million miles from West Sussex and plan on a few Goodwood breakfast clubs next summer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree on the colour Mence, although I was impressed with the xtribute in the flesh. Interesting to see where you are going with your mods. I'm not a million miles from West Sussex and plan on a few Goodwood breakfast clubs next summer.
Not planning on too much yet, it came pretty well specced. I do want to change the tyres but I resent changing them with so much tread left.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi,
I feel your pain with 'so much tread left'. I thought they were not that bad when new but yours are too old and will let you down if you do 'like to push on'.
you'll have to get your hand back in your pocket.. 😃 :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I
Hi,
I feel your pain with 'so much tread left'. I thought they were not that bad when new but yours are too old and will let you down if you do 'like to push on'.
you'll have to get your hand back in your pocket.. 😃 :)
I'm noting general consensus is the OE tyres are pretty crap...still waiting for a shout back on some quotes on Metzeler Karoo streets then I'm on the road
Financially painful but very true.
I've had a trailer tyre and a classic car (cross ply) give up the ghost and can only imagine how scary a bike tyre giving in can be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts