XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well....I just picked up a fantastic birthday gift for myself yesterday, an aluminum grey 2018 XSR700! I had an '07 FZ6 for about 8 years, but the cramped riding position was starting to get a bit hard on my knees and wrists. So it was time to move into something different. I've been riding between street and dirt for about 13 years, and I love how the XSR reminds me of a cross between a standard cruiser and a dirt bike. Torque is a fun thing to have!
I've been lurking the past few days trying to get ideas for the mods I want to do to it. I thought the first thing would be bar risers, but after pulling the bars back a bit, I'm not sure it's necessary.
I have a Puig windscreen on order, as well as a radiator screen. Shorty levers and frame sliders are next. Painting the radiator side covers a matte black is also on the list, in addition to bags, heated grips, and a ram mount for the bars.
I going to keep lurking and researching, but I wanted to say hello while I had a moment. 馃榿

Super Moderator
Welcome jeadra. Sounds like you're going to enjoy your XSR.

Reactions: jeadra

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! In less than a week I already have 100 miles on it. Hoping to log another few hundred this weekend if the weather holds. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts