XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my Rebel 500 got stolen in Oct. Managed to get cctv footage of the theft. I live in an apartment complex and thief snuck in after a resident left for work around 5am, can see him sneak in before the gate closed shut, and then later pushing the bike out the through the pedestrian exit. Bike was found by the cops after about 10 days - in good condition but was written off by the insurance assessor due to frame damage.

Finally decided on an XSR700! Locked up tight now with a disc lock and chain lock.

Been riding for about 4 years: 1st bike Kawasaki Z250, then the Rebel 500, now back to a naked bike ;)

·
Super Moderator
810 Posts
Welcome to the forum...and a Happy New Year with your new XSR!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and Welcome to the forums,

enjoy your new ride, think it is still riding season?

BR
hombacher
We're lucky in Australia - all-year riding. I commute to work, rain or shine. Am busy shopping for some luggage to hold my rain gear ... am thinking a tubular front fork tool bag or small side carrier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your old bike, but you've made a great choice in a new one :-D I used to live in East Melbourne, off Albert St - such a great city to ride in (other than all those tram tracks). I bought my first bike while living there (a used Ninja 250R), here's a "glamour shot" from when I was trying to sell it back in 2013:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Congrats and happy riding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts