XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

been after one of these for a while - loved the retro look and the riding position. So i chopped my Yamaha Bulldog in for a lovely low mileage 60th Anniversary!

I have a few plans - to make it look more retro, I'm going to remove the ERMAX fairing, change the side panels and rear hugger.

also Plan on doing some travelling, so going to get a full set of panniers that look in keeping with the style.

cheers!
Matthew

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
near Carlisle :) you?

already took off the headlight screen. I think I want to sell all of the ERMAX stuff, it's just not for me. Anyone have a small flyscreen/number board?

Dying to ride it! I've promised myself I'm not riding til all of the salt has disappeared from the roads, however...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice! lovely colour. Yeah I'm not too keen on some of the ad-ons either. Each to their own though, obviously someone liked them. I've not long bought mine. Been out 3-4 times so far only short 30 mile runouts but really loving this bike. Plenty of smiles :)

Not sure how much I'm going to do to mine as I really like the bike as it is. The grey exhaust is the only real concern for me. However just ordered a black grill and my mate is going to powder coat the sides for me :)

lets hope the salt disappears soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice bike. Any plans to upgrade the suspension--weakest point of this bike IMO.

Matt in Virginia

·
Registered
10 Posts
near Carlisle :) you?

already took off the headlight screen. I think I want to sell all of the ERMAX stuff, it's just not for me. Anyone have a small flyscreen/number board?

Dying to ride it! I've promised myself I'm not riding til all of the salt has disappeared from the roads, however...
Down by Preston :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
removed fairing - much happier with the look.

I couldnt resist - took it out for a ride the other night, since it was dry and clean on the roads! I was very impressed and happy with my decision - lovely thing to ride :)

fitted rear rack that came with it - I kinda like the way it looks, but we'll see. until I get some panniers it might be really useful. I also have a 45 litre givi topbox with it, but obviously it doesn't look good at all!

zupatum - I know what you mean - there's too much dive under braking, so i may get a spring upgrade kit for the forks at some point.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts