XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I have been lurking around the forum for a while now and thought it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Maarten and I am from Belgium. I bought my XSR700 back in may when i was still living in the UK, in the mean time I have moved back to Belgium and off course I took my bike as well.

I learned to ride on an MT07 and I loved the engine and handling of it but it was a bit to small for me (I'm above 1.9m). So after a bit of looking around i ended up trying the XSR700 and the seating position was such an improvement (not even mentionning the gorgeous look of the bike) , it was basically a no-brainer and i walked out of the dealer having bought a second hand XSR700.

I am loving the bike (put 2500 km on it in the weekends of the first 2 months alone:grin2:) and am now looking to modify it a little. (things i don't like about the bike: tail section, indicators, mirrors, suspension)

mods executed:
-drainpipe brake reservoir cover (saw it somewhere on this forum and love the mod, so simple, effective and cheap, love it!)
-removed fly-screen
-added GPS mount and aux power supply for it

future mods:
-remove luggage rack (and only install it when we plan to make a trip)
-It needs new tires (leaning towards pirelli MT60 tires)
-evotech tail tidy (already received it but not installed yet)
-different indicators
-different mirrors
-suspension upgrade (my girlfriend likes to ride on the back but we are not light, so technically a touring bike would suit us better but i like the xsr too much so that's not happening, i want to try and work around this by upgrading the suspension)
-different levers
-fork gaiters
-different exhaust

below some pictures of the bike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
Welcome, Maarten - excellent choice of colour! Looks like you've got a good winter project lined up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

i started doing some research on indicators but i can't post pictures or links yet because of my post count (so i am abusing this thread to get the extra post i need :grin2:).

so after this one hopefully a new thread of mine will arrise in the electrical section.

·
Registered
42 Posts
looking forward to your indicators thread going to do the indicators and relay myself soon-ish once i get the new levers and frame sliders fitted, aye the rack is a double edged sword pal mine is on and off like a light switch.

i like yer choice of car as well i've got a qashqai 360 it goes over uk speed bumps and pot holes like they're not there, only use it for the shopping though

·
Registered
2018 XSR700, 2009 Yamaha R6
254 Posts
What is the drainpipe brake mod you speak of? Couldn't find anything on it with searching

·
Registered
2018 XSR700, 2009 Yamaha R6
254 Posts
Thanks for the link! I was thinking something completely different... that's a nice quick and easy mod for sure! I like the cover plate idea, helps get rid of the air gaps as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts