XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Pieter, I'm from Belgium and the XSR 700 (green one) is my first motorcycle.

What I changed so far:
- radiator cover (official part)
- oil cap (official part)
- rubbers in front fork (official part)
- retro stickers on side of tank (official part)
- flat seat (official part)
- tankbagholder + tankbag (official part)
- handlebarmirrors (Aliexpress part :)) - so deleted the original mirrors
- crash bobbins side frame (evotech part)

What I'm planning to do:
- fill the holes the original mirrors left (any ideas anyone?)
- powdercoat the sideprotectors of the radiator in the same colour as the frame (I don't like the Japanese flags on the official replacement part so am just going to paint the original part)
- crash bobbins front and rear fork (evotech)
- tail tidy (evotech)
- Akrapovic double exhaust (but way to expensive)
- (maybe a small windshield)

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I will try to take some pictures later this week and will upload them afterwards!

I'll check into the possibilities for the holes you guys suggested! Thanks!

The Tail Tidy would take around 45min to install, and nothing needs to be cut (it is 100% reversable afterwards).
I'm waiting for it to become available (should be in the next few weeks).

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Hi Pieter,

Great looking bike, love the flat seat... as for the mirror holes, i turned up some black plastic threaded caps that filled them in nicely. I'm a precision engineer by trade so was easy for me to do:grin2:. Also i've fitted new lsl bars and my brake reservoir cap since this pic was taken.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Pieter,

Great looking bike, love the flat seat... as for the mirror holes, i turned up some black plastic threaded caps that filled them in nicely. I'm a precision engineer by trade so was easy for me to do:grin2:. Also i've fitted new lsl bars and my brake reservoir cap since this pic was taken.
Thank you!
Wow, those screws look perfect!
Don't have 2 spare ones you could ship to Belgium?

Did the dealer fit these for you??, i really want some on mine but not sure how easy it is to install them..
Paul
The side tank stickers, tankbagholder+tankbag and front fork rubbers were installed by the dealer when I bought the bike.
The rest I added myself later on.

You have to uninstall the whole front fork to put them on.
Not a fun job I can imagine!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'll see what i can do...:wink2:
When I got my bike back from the dealer after the 1000km service the 2 holes were filled up with a similar screw as yours.
So not necessary anymore. Thanks anyway!

On a side note:
My crash bobbins (front and rear spindle) from Evotech have arrived.
As so the Tidy Tail from Evotech.
Still waiting for the new blinkers to arrive and still need to powdercoat the 2 radiator cover sides.
Then it will be finished.

Only thing remaining...double exhaust, but that's not for this year I guess.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed the crash bobbins from Evotech on the front and rear spindle this morning. 2min job.

Afterwards I installed the Tidy Tail from Evotech. 1h20 but a very nice result.

Now, I'm going to powder coat the radiator side covers.

I've also received the indicators from Aliexpress but haven't put them on yet because I have to get a thing to make it fit better first.

Still not totally convinced on the double akrapovic exhaust.
Very much convinced by the looks, not so much convinced if the sound is that much better than stock sound (and DB is difficult to remove).

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jack, if you want I can take more picture to my doble akrapovic exhauster and send to you by email.
I like the sound with db killers and in my opinion this exhauster look very nice on the bike.
This week I will try to remove my db killers and I will make a review.
Looks Very nice your bike. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jack, if you want I can take more picture to my doble akrapovic exhauster and send to you by email.
I like the sound with db killers and in my opinion this exhauster look very nice on the bike.
This week I will try to remove my db killers and I will make a review.
Looks Very nice your bike. :)
I don't need pictures thank you, because I am very convinced about the looks of the double exhaust...I love it!!

But with the videos (with sound) I watched on Youtube I'm not convinced if the sound difference with the stock exhaust is big enough to jusitfy spending 1.000 euro.
And by this I mean with the DB-Killers still installed.
If possible I would like to leave the DB-Killers in, because I want to be as legal as possible and hate to be a social ******* to my neighbours and people sitting outside at a pub enjoying a quiet drink.
Therefore my big question: is the dual exhaust WITH DB-killers worth spending 1.000 euro regarding sound?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts