XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'22
52 Posts
Great find, congrats!
The fork stanchions appear black instead of chrome. Looks awesome!
Has the previous owner changed anything on the fork?

Be cautious with the 6yr old tires btw. The rubber has probably lost some of it's flexibility over time. I once bought a 7yr old bike on Pirelli Rosso's with only 1000miles and the bike was unpredictable in the corners until I changed the tires. Don't let them surprise you at full lean ;)
You can find the tires actual birthdate on the sidewall, google on "tire DOT code" if you're not sure what to look for.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi @Hawkes3004 ,

welcome to the forums, congratulations and enjoy your ride. I just want to back up @DGR , before you spend any other money in mods, swap the tires first. This is the best mod and upgrade.

Great find, congrats!
The fork stanchions appear black instead of chrome. Looks awesome!
Has the previous owner changed anything on the fork?
[..]
The black coating is a standard of the Anniversary.

·
Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
92 Posts
Welcome, nice looking bike :cool:

As above and you may also have noticed from other forum posts (not just XSR) that some of us are wary of the standard Pirelli Phantom tyres that come out of the factory. It’s not just the age but they seem to become less reliable with handling as they get more mileage on them. I would personally change these for Avon, Michelin, Bridgestone Battlax, etc.

Cheers, Geoff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi @Hawkes3004 , welcome to the forums, congratulations and enjoy your ride. I just want to back up @DGR , before you spend any other money in mods, swap the tires first. This is the best mod and upgrade. The black coating is a standard of the Anniversary.
Tyres are on their way... possibly going down the Metzeler Karoo street route 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts