XSR 700 Forums banner

Hi all. Soon to be joining you.

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  norrie 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have just reserved a lovely ex-demo 60th Anniversary XSR700 from my local dealer. I have my mod 2 test in a months time so will be trading up from my little YBR125.

I have always loved these bikes since they were first announced so am really looking forward to being able to ride it....going to be a long few weeks.

#13 ·
This will be my first proper bike. I have my YBR125 which I have now put over 11,000 miles on! and the lack of power is getting tedious.

I have been looking at loads of bikes XJR1300, Ducati Scrambler, Triumph Bonneville and the XSR700 has always been at the top of the list.

#15 ·
Thought I should update this now. Well it took slightly longer than expected to pass the mod 2 test (failed first time due to following too closely?! and had to wait another 6 weeks for the retest). However I passed on thursday and picked up my bike on friday evening.

Don't think I have stopped grinning yet. Was an absolute joy to ride in to work thismorning. Apologies for the crap pic but it was getting dark when I got it home....sure I will find lots of excuses to take better ones.

Attachments

#17 ·
Congrats passing your test, bet you're glad to get that over with. Not something i'd like to go through these days, with the expensive, complicated hassle passing a bike test has become. Was a piece of piss in my day.
Bike looks great in those anniversary colours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.