XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
XSR700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm putting my deposit down on an XSR 700 over the weekend, with delivery in the new year.

I'm from Ireland, it's my first bike, and it took me a fair while to whittle it down to the XSR. I'm 36, 5' 9, about 110kg with a bad back, so being able to flat foot and a comfortable riding position were the most important things to me. I completed the IBT a few weeks ago and loved every minute, apart from the stank on the loaner gear they had.

The final three on my list were: XSR 700, obviously, Honda Rebel 1100 and a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone IV. I think the Moto Guzzi is the better looking bike tbh, but things like the dry clutch etc. put me off as I don't think that's ideal for learning. Even though I think the Guzzi is the better looking bike, I kept coming back to the XSR for some reason and it turns out it's the right balance of price, insurance that swung it.

Next up for me is: gear, I'll get that at the same time as the bike.

Looking forward to chatting with you all in the future!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome!
Something about the XSR which no other manufacturer seems to be able to replicate. I'm sure you will be very happy with her.
I too suffer with my back and found that lower bars helped me, something you may want to consider in time.

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the new 850 V7 is a great looking bike (assuming you meant the 'Special')....but the XSR will be a more nimble performer on the road and probably more reliable. Enjoy it - it's going to seem a long time until the new year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts