Black or Inox

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relatively new to this forum, I need your help in decision making :cool:

I own a 2020 XSR700 XTribute, yes this is important.

Black vs. Inox
Looks vs. Budget

I'm convinced by Cappuccino Moto and R2 Moto and will buy the above-shown exhaust.
I'm also convinced that this is going to be a EUR3 version; both videos will show you why.

Now the big question I would love your opinion about

Black version: €719,-
Inox version: €599,-

Does the black stay? how beautifully will it be after 3 years... Is it worth the €119,-?
And of course, looks... what do you think?

The XSR XTribute looks like this (not my bike, I have the standard exhaust)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just a thought...
I had a standard alu exhaust cover and just painted it black with "high" temperature stoves paint. It looks good and and don't care a thing about how much will the colour last. I'll grab my can, spray it a bit more and wait for the exhaust temperature to do its magic.
Done.

Of course, you will cover the logo or would have to nicely protect it with tape before painting.

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought...
I had a standard alu exhaust cover and just painted it black with "high" temperature stoves paint. It looks good and and don't care a thing about how much will the colour last. I'll grab my can, spray it a bit more and wait for the exhaust temperature to do its magic.
Done.

Of course, you will cover the logo or would have to nicely protect it with tape before painting.
So buy the standard and a spraycan 😬

·
Registered
58 Posts
I personally like the inox version a lot more. Only reason, I didn't went with it was that is a euro3 and I wanted a euro4 pipe and not too loud... just trying to keep the peace in my neighbourhood 😙

·
Registered
380 Posts
In my opinion, which isn't worth a thing to anyone else, I like the bare stainless look and it can be cleaned if needed and never burns or peels. But again, that's my thoughts, not yours.

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally like the inox version a lot more. Only reason, I didn't went with it was that is a euro3 and I wanted a euro4 pipe and not too loud... just trying to keep the peace in my neighbourhood 😙
According to "others" the sound is ok because it both has the mandatory DB killer and euro3 Cat in it... But I've never heard it in real life...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I thought Europe was going by E5 and most companies were working on complying with an E6 set of regs. so why go with something that is only E3 or E4 compliant?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Keep your eyes and ears peeled. Maybe you'll like another exhaust even better.
I thought Europe was going by E5 and most companies were working on complying with an E6 set of regs. so why go with something that is only E3 or E4 compliant?
That is an older model he's posting. Sc is now euro4 with a slightly different look, imo better more put together look than the older stuff.

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do not have an annual check on motorbikes by a governmental organization whatsoever. And the EUR3 as you can see in the video is missing a huge frying pan underneath the bike.
with me only driving it as the 5th form of transport (Tesla both electric, Bicycle(s), Train, Metro and even walking :)) (fun drives only) I couldn't care less about the exhaust being nature friendly.o_O:rolleyes:

EUR5/EUR6 might require a backpack to filter fumes or whatever...

And the EUR4 version is about €300,- more... and no one checks, only if you are like on your back wheel in the city center with a defining noise and they pull you over, they will scrutinize you and try to find everything they are able to give you a fine for, as they should.

Me not capable nor willing to pull a wheely and the Conic 70s EUR3 being reasonable loud (as i hear from everyone) i choose the EUR3 ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
According to "others" the sound is ok because it both has the mandatory DB killer and euro3 Cat in it... But I've never heard it in real life...
IMO the sound is indeed amazing. And I believe (but don't have evidences) that is loud within the bike specs and will pass TüV here in Germany. I do love the loud pipes but out of respect for neighbors and others decided not to have one (just my decision, not judging).
The euro4 version is quieter but don't like the looks. So ended up going with the dual pipes from Akrapovic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is a good question. In all honesty didnt had this is mind when decided to go with the eur4. In retrospective don't recall have seen eur5/6 models at least that i liked the looks.

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a good question. In all honesty didnt had this is mind when decided to go with the eur4. In retrospective don't recall have seen eur5/6 models at least that i liked the looks.
My Yamaha dealership where I bought mine is preparing for models with EURO5 Homologation, they are then not allowed to sell without the new homologation from the year EURO5 is mandatory. That is why they sell off "old" stock, although this being the exact same motor only with a different ECU setting and exhaust. I do understand that the EURO5 is going to be a hefty change...

But although discussion about an annual MOT is already being held as early as I think the 2000s there is still no majority in favor of this. so whatever you do to your motorbike after you leave the store is up to you... And numbers still prove that Motorbikes are usually very well maintained and accidents are hardly caused by not well-maintained motorbikes.

So for now, as long as the exhaust has an EU stamp (certificate) on it (this is an insurance thing!!!) you are allowed to ride it, with the only remark that technically you are riding a NOT homologated motorbike if you fit a EUR3 exhaust onto a EUR4 motorbike... but in the Netherlands that will not be an issue unless you end up in a very serious accident where this becomes an issue... But even my insurance says as long as the exhaust is EU certified (EU stamp) en has an official manufacturer that makes pipes for your model it's not an issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts