XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’m currently touring around Europe with an xsr that came with a black widow exhaust. It’s a bit too loud for long stretches/keeping sane!

Does anyone in Europe have a spare stock exhaust I could purchase? I am in Norway, heading down later to Germany->Albania->Italy, and could potentially stop by en route.

Not sure if there’s any other ways to get things quieter. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here's a cheap one in the north of Germany, near Hamburg:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. There is indeed a db killer in already but unfortunately only keeps the headaches away for the first few hours :)

And near Berlin:
Leo - thank you for the links. The one in Berlin looks like a great option. I’ll shoot them a message.

There is a yamaha in west Norway willing to give me a new stock exhaust for 450gbp (apparently ordering oem is 900gbp..). I feel like I should wait until Berlin but something wants me to just bite the bullet for the sake of enjoying the next 2 weeks. A bit irrational as it’s quite expensive..

·
Registered
126 Posts
I will write him a message and ask for his phonenumber...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I now have his phonenumber but I promised him not to post it here.
Please read your Private Messages!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks guys. There is indeed a db killer in already but unfortunately only keeps the headaches away for the first few hours :)

Leo - thank you for the links. The one in Berlin looks like a great option. I’ll shoot them a message.

There is a yamaha in west Norway willing to give me a new stock exhaust for 450gbp (apparently ordering oem is 900gbp..). I feel like I should wait until Berlin but something wants me to just bite the bullet for the sake of enjoying the next 2 weeks. A bit irrational as it’s quite expensive..
While that's "cheap" buying new from Yamaha it's still scandalous - almost new take-offs are on ebay for under £100, so you'll never recoup your money.
The db killer is still an option - there are 2 types, one goes in the silencer exit end and one can be added at the other end "between" silencer and connecting tube. Black Widow actually offers this as an option for all their exhausts

·
Registered
648 Posts
[..]

Does anyone in Europe have a spare stock exhaust I could purchase? I am in Norway, heading down later to Germany->Albania->Italy, and could potentially stop by en route.

Not sure if there’s any other ways to get things quieter. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!
You can have one from here, Lower Rhine Area, near Düsseldorf. Either mine or one from my Yamaha dealer. In his shed the ceiling is hanging full of OEM exhausts.

BR
hombacher

1 - 13 of 13 Posts