XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm a happy XSR owner.

The other day I got myself a 2017 XSR with 2.800km looking like this.

I hope you like it as much as I do (except the seat).

Cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Welcome Alin.....that's one seriously modified XSR. Not sure I'd take a heavy pillion on that seat, mind!

·
Registered
42 Posts
liking that a lot, looks good apart from the rear passenger sets and extended seat, i take it those two air filters replace all the filler above the gearbox on the standard model

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@All- hi guys, thank you for the kind words!

@Tigerjohn - That seat, I'm pretty sure is way to small (and not safe) for a pillion. I'm going to my local Yamaha dealer tomorrow to see if, by chance, they have the single seat in stock to see how it looks. Also I'm pretty sure I'll remove the rear passenger foot pegs, they are useless anyway.

@Mack - Yes, the two Sprint Filters replace the entire air box. The bike came equipped with an AFM from SC-Project with which I haven't played yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have any indicator lights at all?
It also looks like the rear fender is gone, which the OEM seat sits on. You may need to mess around with the tail light in order to get that to work with your new seat.

Good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wooow! Beautiful motorbike! This headlamp is it the same size as OEM or the the OEM is 7inches big? I am also looking into some options but it’s hard to find something with a reasonable price

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wooow! Beautiful motorbike! This headlamp is it the same size as OEM or the the OEM is 7inches big? I am also looking into some options but it’s hard to find something with a reasonable price
Sorry for the late reply man, I failed to see the notification for your post. Now back at your question, the headlight is not 7" is 5.75".

Here are some pictures from yesterday with new mods, as follows: new license plate (kedo.de), new seat (yamaha single seat), new led headlight (aliexpress).

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry for the late reply man, I failed to see the notification for your post. Now back at your question, the headlight is not 7" is 5.75".

Here are some pictures from yesterday with new mods, as follows: new license plate (kedo.de), new seat (yamaha single seat), new led headlight (aliexpress).
It looks amazing!!! Which brand is it? Where did you get it? I love that middle part of it under the seat with the air filters ? if im not mistaken :grin2: Thats a pretty nice touch as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello alin and welcome to xsr forum from the UK, I have recently been watching kinga (on her bike) please see her utube channel as she travels the world in a recent video she was in Romania what a beautiful country and roads you have to enjoy your xsr.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts