XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Finally got around to making an intro post. I have been reading up on this forum for some time whilst I was considering buying an XSR700 and have now finally gone and got one for myself!

Bit of an adventure going to purchase the bike, flew up with the gf from Phuket to Chiang Mai, bought the bike same day as I flew. Then starting the next day rode it 1600km down south to Phuket over 5 days. I was a little bit apprehensive of the ride as this is my first big bike and there are some nutters on the roads in Thailand, but I loved it and myself and the gf made it home in 1 piece! Except for some rather sore cheeks of course >:)

So the bike is totally standard atm, but I have ordered various mods and have some big plans for her so will update as soon as I can.

Thanks for having me!
Jon_Staralfur

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
Welcome Jon - lovely pic of the bike beside the sea. At least your seat will be more comfy than the SV650 it's parked next to!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the forum and what a way to get a new bike, but at least now you have a better understanding of the machine. I really love the name of your town. I'll bet you have a good time with it, at least the way it would be pronounced in the U.S.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum and what a way to get a new bike, but at least now you have a better understanding of the machine. I really love the name of your town. I'll bet you have a good time with it, at least the way it would be pronounced in the U.S.
Haha thanks Flyerdon, its a big Island in the south of Thailand, pronounced 'Poo-ket' rather than the way your thinking!
Then again, I bet you get some funny looks when you tell people that you live in Gaylord no!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Jon - lovely pic of the bike beside the sea. At least your seat will be more comfy than the SV650 it's parked next to!
Thanks Tigerjon, yeh thats my Dads SV650. Its the 3rd SV he has owned!

Yes this photo was taken from a pier in Krabi, Thailand. I'm originally from Portsmouth down the road(ish) from you, I can firmly say that I prefer the sea views/ climate here compared to Portsmouth!:wink2:

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jon, why did you go to Chiang Mai to buy it?
I am about to buy an XSR700 from Yamaha, Chiang Mai.
Hey Xb12X,

I went to CM to buy it as there were no second hand ones for sale around Phuket. Only brand new @ 340,000thb (maybe discounted a bit?) I bought mine- a 2018 model 9 months old, 2800km on the clock for 245,000thb.

Also just because then I had an excuse to ride down (almost) the entire country lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts