XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Gerry and I live just outside Portsmouth...I currently ride a Husqvarna TR 650 Terra but have just placed a deposit on an XSR700 60th anniversary colours...hoping that the deal goes ahead and I get a shiny new ride for the summer..

I've owned about 20 different bikes, usually buying something a bit unusual such as a Vertemati 501 SM, an MZ Baghira, a Morini 1200 Granpasso and of course the Terra..

Looking forward to owning a bike where parts are available from the main dealers....:laugh:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Glad to have someone on the forum with that history of bikes since your opinion of what the XSR is like will be highly valuable. Where about do you ride and how long typically?

Have you started to look through accessories as yet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do a lot of European touring (200 mile days) and ride most non working days for leisure (40 to 50 miles) I think the xsr will be a bit compromised for touring but I'm sure I will manage to get luggage to fit somehow..

I might miss the off road, but already thinking of a 2nd set of wheels with TKC80s for some gentle gravel...we shall see...picking XSR. A week Saturday so will post my thoughts after a couple of rides...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts