XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A new XSR700 owner from Oxfordshire, UK. With the 60th Anniversary model.

Main reason for getting this model was to modify - so in progress at the moment;

- Akrapovic exhaust
- Upgrade on most of the cosmetic bits (Chain guard, Billet ends, radiator cover and side panels - All based on Yamaha accessories)
- Single seat, being re-made and covered
- Tank respray & designed
- New side panels, design wrapped
- LSL X01 lower tapered bars, new grips
- Rizoma Mirrors
- Yellowed Headlamp
- I might be DLC (blackening) some bits as well, depending on time

It's all DIY and I love the way the XSR is so easy to modify.

I make watches here in Oxfordshire; so the new tank will have my branding but it will be in keeping with the style of the XSR700 design.

Also made some of these, which Shun Miyazawa wears! :grin2::grin2:

I'll post up photos when it's complete, hopefully early - mid May 2016.

Piers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome .. Yellow ones are definitely faster...Im doing a few mods to mine but not as much as you , so will be interested in seeing yours as you go...

PS Nice looking watch:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome and nice bike colors. Pinion is your's???? I love your watches, shame they are so "cheap" :wink2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome! I ride to didcot every now and then on a Sunday great ride out. Can't wait to see what you do with her

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome .. Yellow ones are definitely faster...Im doing a few mods to mine but not as much as you , so will be interested in seeing yours as you go...

PS Nice looking watch:cool:
Thanks buddy! I think if anything the exhaust is the essential upgrade on the bike but it's also the biggest spend!:frown2::frown2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and nice bike colors. Pinion is your's???? I love your watches, shame they are so "cheap" :wink2:
Yes it is - Been going two years and going really well (My background is commercial / digital design)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! I ride to didcot every now and then on a Sunday great ride out. Can't wait to see what you do with her
I go along that road all the time, nice when we have decent weather (which recently is never!!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome, looking forward to see your bike after all those new parts.
Me too. Saddle is coming back next week - just waiting on the tank. Revolution customs in Reading are working on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another XSR owner on the forum.

What bikes have you owned in the past?
Quite a few...

Started on a Honda CG125 in the 1990s

Then upgraded to a Ducati Monster in 1997 (In yellow). Used it to commute to London, only problem it was the non-fuel injection model so it would't work in winter.

Next was Honda CBF600 Hornet around 2000 - This was stolen though.

Harley Davidson 800 Sportster was next around 2002 - Nice experience but never really got on with the handling.

Took a break from motorcycling until last year, I have a Moto Guzzi V7 which has been customised by Corsa Italia - in the retro 1970s green with red frame. Really great bike very reliable and low maintenance - But feels like you are riding an old bike the suspension is not great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts