XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I'm an owner of a 2016 XSR700 in speed block yellow complete with full Ermax kit. A few mods including radiator guard and rad end covers, Mivv Ghibli full system, K&N filter, single seat conversion, Evotech tail tidy and R&G crash bungs.

I am moving the chilled ride of the XSR but I've yet to crack 600miles so am still keeping it below 6000 revs (most of the time).

I have a question to ask that members could have knowledge of;

Power Commander. Necessary after K&N and full exhaust system change? Or just a waste of £500+

Looking forward to hearing any opinions or experiences.

Jimmy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Jimmy, an excellent choice of bike, just like mine!

I've heard negative things about the K & N filters so personally wouldn't fit one, but am thinking of treating the bike to one of the Mivv exhausts that are only about £350 on ebay.

I used to live on the outskirts of Accrington, nice and easy access to the Yorkshire Dales and Forest Of Bowland roads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John, The MIVV Ghibli was from eBay and was sent from Italy. It's well engineered and sounds brilliant! I had MIVV cans on my KTM SuperDuke. I paid £395 so you may be getting a bargain mate.

Jimmy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Systems I've seen are also from Italy. Don't know how they can do them so cheaply especially with the exchange rate going down for us.

Bought GPR cans from there as well, prefer the look of the Mivv systems on the XSR though. Just enough noise that you can tell it's an engine, not an electric motor :laugh:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Jimmy, welcome to the forum. The xsr is sounding great. Could you share some pics?

From what i understand any aftermarket airfilter will cause lean running and pcv or flash is necessary. Have heard good things.

Lots of debate KN vs DNA and snorkel mod.

Filter and pcv is certainly on my wants list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts