XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

M'y name Is Jean-Baptiste, i'm 32 Years old.
I live in France and I have my motorcycle licence since September.
I bought my XSR 700 in September, this bike was a real coup de coeur.
Already more than 8000 km with it and it is only happiness.

I have as a project to go around England, Scotland and Ireland with my xsr may be next year.

In the meantime I made him some personalization that I would present in another subject.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Great bike to get into as your first, although some people might argue that its too many CC's too soon. As long as you don't try to jump the learning curve too fast you should be fine. But with that many KM's on it, and those European roads... I bet you're doing better than the average new rider.

Planning to get any accessories and/or modifications?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome to the forums and it's great to see you really enjoying your XSR.

What sort of luggage carrying options are you utilizing for the long trip you'll be making?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums and it's great to see you really enjoying your XSR.

What sort of luggage carrying options are you utilizing for the long trip you'll be making?

I used the Bering Dillinger bags.
Last week I made a small road trip of 1400 km with friends, and I transported 1 week of clothes with

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great bike to get into as your first, although some people might argue that its too many CC's too soon. As long as you don't try to jump the learning curve too fast you should be fine. But with that many KM's on it, and those European roads... I bet you're doing better than the average new rider.

Planning to get any accessories and/or modifications?
Thanks

I do not intend to skip the steps, there is so much to learn and I have been able to see several times of different daily dangers. The XSR 700 is a great companion of road, I love it.

For the upcoming changes I have planned:
-bulb change by a LED bulb (next week)
-Black retro-reflective rim strip (next week)
-Helmet decoration in the colors of the motorcycle (next week)
-Change of the exhaust pipe (current of the year)
-Change of flashing lights (current of the year)
-Radiator Cover (current of the year)

For the LED bulb I hesitated a lot as I was afraid to lose the neo-retro side, but I need to see better and be seen on the road, I will test and report the result next week.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Jean,

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've completed some good miles already :)

Looking forward to seeing the mods.

If you do tour Scotland be sure to send a message.

·
Registered
191 Posts

For the LED bulb I hesitated a lot as I was afraid to lose the neo-retro side, but I need to see better and be seen on the road, I will test and report the result next week.
I am on my 2nd led bulb experiment... The first bulb I got, I couldn't lock the bulb in place using the oem spring. The one I've got now, can be locked, but the rubber seal will need some "surgery". I usually don't go out if it's raining, but still...

But the major problem is the light pattern. Substantially changed. I tried to adjust using the inbuilt adjusters but not much success. I need to take the bike out at night to better gauge light spread and other drivers reaction.

BTW, you know they're illegal in the EU, right? In my country, police gives quite a lot of slack to bikers, not sure how it goes in France.

Anyway, please share your experiences with the led bulb.

Luis

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am on my 2nd led bulb experiment... The first bulb I got, I couldn't lock the bulb in place using the oem spring. The one I've got now, can be locked, but the rubber seal will need some "surgery". I usually don't go out if it's raining, but still...

But the major problem is the light pattern. Substantially changed. I tried to adjust using the inbuilt adjusters but not much success. I need to take the bike out at night to better gauge light spread and other drivers reaction.

BTW, you know they're illegal in the EU, right? In my country, police gives quite a lot of slack to bikers, not sure how it goes in France.

Anyway, please share your experiences with the led bulb.

Luis
Yes I know it's illegal. I'm going to be vigilant to not blind other road users.
I hope not to be annoyed for the installation.
I would do pictures for the installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts